HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Zanon
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Drächen Fx wrote:
Cmon, Portugal only won one time in 90 minutes. Bruh......

And I say it was a terrible tournament because most of these games were total snooze fests. Congrats to Portugal tho.

Yes, in 6 games for this Euro Razz Portugal hasn't lost in 14 matches now - again, non-friendlies. This says a lot Razz Which is also a record: Portugal won the cup without a loss.

But yeah I kind of agree with you. This year's edition was very defensive. Maybe except for Hungary x Portugal and France x Iceland, because lots of goals and stuff. And well, the fact Iceland somehow managed to kick England out of the tournament came out as a nice twist I suppose - says a guy that lives in the UK - but well... idk.

In the End, Portugal or not against France, I would want anyone over France as a champion.
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:04 am

I'm delighted Portugal won the tournament. It's great to see the underdog win, if you could call Portugal the underdog.

Props goes to Wales and Iceland aswell and Ireland for getting out of the group WOO
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:07 pm

Robbie Keane is retiring today after the friendly with Oman. He's Ireland's top goal scorer of all time scoring 67 goals.
You served us well Robbie so I hope you get an outstanding reception at the match later. Your country is so proud of all of your achievements  Obey our master!  Happy  Love  good job  s-pat  s-pat
Thanks for everything Rob #COYBIG
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:47 pm

He's scored another one! So that's 68 in total (unless he decides to get some more in the second half).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:10 pm

What a perfect end to his glorious career 68 goals in 146 matches. He's scored as many international goals as Gerd Muller! And we won 4-0 too Happy
Now to get a winning start for our world cup campaign on Monday against Serbia ...
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Best performance from the US I've seen in a while.

That's what happens when the coach finally puts guys on the field who can actually pass the ball. #FeelTheBern
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:04 pm

Mexico looks like a bunch of rookies who can't control/pass the ball properly. As much as I hate Osorio, they deserve a lot of the blame as well.
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:05 pm

But seriously, they need to slow down the game. They look like scared children.
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:38 am

2-2 draw with Serbia. It wasn't a great match so it was better than losing
Not much to say other than that
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:53 am

How did Leicester win the Premier League last year? Was everyone else that awful? Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Perhaps. I'd say they were playing at a much higher level.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:08 pm

I think it was a combination of things. Like Drachen said, other teams like City, Chelsea and Arsenal were all "we're just going to take a year off from being good, so Spurs can win the title" and then Spurs were all "NO" and somehow finished third in a two horse race, and United were all "plz leave Van Gaal Sad."

But in terms of Leicester themselves, they had some really good players like Kante, Fuchs and Mahrez and maybe Vardy (although I think he might just be a one-season wonder), and then I also think things just clicked for them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:56 pm

So, here's a crazy story from Ecuador: Enner Valencia is apparently late on child support payments, and there's a warrant out for his arrest. There were police waiting for him before Ecuador played Chile today, but they didn't arrest him. During the game, which Ecuador won, Valencia picked up an injury — which he may or may not have faked —and had to be loaded onto a cart. With an oxygen mask on, Valencia was carted out of the stadium with police chasing behind

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:17 pm

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

Heard about this shit
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Valencia's arrival to the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Apparently Valencia faked an injury during Chile win to leave stadium in ambulance, and hence avoid police w/ arrest warrant. ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:58 pm

Man, that dude needs to man up. He can't keep running.
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:16 am

We beat Georgia 1-0 so at the moment we're top of the table with Austria, Wales & Serbia all on 4 points. There's a long way to go I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Is the US seriously being outplayed by Cuba? Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:48 pm

Wat? WTF?!
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Y'all poor people keep getting beat on the counter. WTF?!

Yet you have very few chances on goal. Wtf..?
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Someone teach Klinsmann how to play these games. clown
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Outside of the historical significance of the match, it’s really hard to take anything away at all from this game with the poor playing conditions. Funny
Back to top Go down
Bad Hombre
TRU
TRU

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Y'all poor people were playing the long ball against a team that was parking the bus. Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing

PostSubject: Re: International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread   Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:35 pm

The pitch was horrendous. Let’s play it straight. Often a pass would see the ball bounce two or three times, at least, before reaching an opponent. So idk how anyone can draw any conclusions other than wonder why this game was played in the first place. I'm not sure what the purpose of this friendly was. It's interesting that the fed would agree to this game & these conditions so close to the start of the Hex.
Back to top Go down

International & Club Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next