HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark Ronson's computer exploded making Uptown Funk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Mark Ronson's computer exploded making Uptown Funk Empty
PostSubject: Mark Ronson's computer exploded making Uptown Funk   Mark Ronson's computer exploded making Uptown Funk EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Mark Ronson's computer exploded while making 'Uptown Funk'.

The 39-year-old musician revealed he had a hectic time while making the chart-topping tune when it came to technology, but admitted the hard work was worthwhile though because it's the favourite of his songs.

He said: ''I worked so hard. It had to be the first single because I'm most excited about it out of anything I've ever done.

''I was in the studio, playing the guitar. We heard this sizzling and suddenly the computer screen explodes.''

Despite feeling ''excited'' about the single - which broke UK chart history last year when it was streamed a total of 2.34 million times during a single week - the producer confessed it was a struggle to complete the track because of the 'Locked Out of Heaven' singer's busy schedule, meaning it took half a year to finish.

He explained: ''Bruno was on tour a lot, so we'd work on the track when we had one day free in LA. Or if he was in London playing Wireless we'd be in my studio. It took around six months to finish with all the to-ing and fro-ing.

''I had to chase him around to finish that song.''

However, Mark - who is married to actress and singer Joséphine de La Baume - said the pair continued to work on the track with co-producer Jeff Bhasker for so long because they are always desperate for everything they do to be perfect.

Speaking to The Sun newspaper, he added: ''I'm just a perfectionist and Bruno is probably the only person I know that is even more of a perfectionist than I am. Sitting in the studio going that extra hour, or 13 hours or whatever it takes.''
Back to top Go down

Mark Ronson's computer exploded making Uptown Funk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1