HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

La Liga: Barcelona face uncertain future

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

La Liga: Barcelona face uncertain future Empty
PostSubject: La Liga: Barcelona face uncertain future   La Liga: Barcelona face uncertain future EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:12 am

Barcelona will hold a vital press conference on Wednesday in which they hope to clarify deep uncertainty over the club’s future.

Reports across Spanish media claim the Catalan club is in a state of crisis, with a fractured relationship between manager Luis Enrique and his players underwriting recent sackings in the club’s recruitment department and potential, unscheduled presidential elections in the summer.

Some Spanish newspapers claim Enrique, who presided over defeat at David Moyes’ Real Sociedad last weekend, is set to follow director of football Andoni Zubizarreta and assistant Carles Puyol – a club legend – in being sacked this week.

But Sky Sports’ Spanish football expert Guillem Balague does not expect the former Barcelona and Spain midfielder to leave the club until the summer.

Balague told Sky Sports News HQ: “Today we are going to have a very eventful day. By 6pm we will know what the future of Barcelona holds.

“There is a press conference with Luis Enrique where he will talk for the first time about his future, about Lionel Messi and possible new elections earlier than expected.

“That will be followed by a press conference with president Josep Bartomeu, who should be in charge until 2016 even though he is not an elected president, but all indications seem to suggest he will announce early elections this summer.

“The story is that there has been a division between the manager and a lot of the players. A lot of people are pointing at Lionel Messi but there are a lot of other players that don’t believe in Luis Enrique. They think his instructions are too confusing and they don’t have a clear idea of what he wants to do.

“As a consequence you are seeing a bad Barcelona. Even though they are only one point from Real Madrid at the top of La Liga and still in the Champions League, they are not playing very good football.

“With all that in mind, some media have reported Luis Enrique could be sacked. I don’t hear that and in fact it seems the president wants to keep him. Obviously we will see how the next few weeks develop but there is no immediacy in the sacking of Luis Enrique for sure.”

Speaking in his press conference ahead of Thursday night's La Liga clash at home to Elche, Enrique remained defiant over the way he treats his players and insists he has their backing, as well as that of the board.

“I am not going to confirm or deny these supposed stories that appear because they are too varied and there are too many of them,” the former Roma boss said.

“I don't have anything to regret with any of my players. Every coach has to manage his squad as he sees fit.

“I feel I have the backing of the club and the players. What I have to do is my job the best I can and in the manner I think is best for the team and the club.”
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

La Liga: Barcelona face uncertain future

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1