HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident Empty
PostSubject: Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident   Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:08 pm

In an “A to Z review of the year” for U2’s official website, Bono spoke about his cycling accident and said that he might not be able to play the guitar again. Here are highlights:

On what he’s been doing in his recovery: “For the last few weeks I haven’t been able to move around physically so I have more than made up for it by leaving my mind to wanderlust, untethered except electronically.”

On his injuries: “I broke my hand, my shoulder, my elbow and my face but the real injury this year was to my Irish pride as it was discovered that under my tracksuit I was wearing yellow and black Lycra cycling shorts. Yes, LYCRA. This is not very rock ‘n’ roll. Recovery has been more difficult than I thought. As I write this, it is not clear that I will ever play guitar again. The band have reminded me that neither they nor Western civilization are depending on this. I personally would very much miss fingering the frets of my green Irish falcon or my (RED) Gretsch. Just for the pleasure, aside from writing tunes. But then does the Edge, or Jimmy Page, or any guitarist you know have a titanium elbow, as I do now? I’m all elbows, I am.”

On the gifting of Songs of Innocence: “Our album was to be like a bottle of milk dropped at the door of anyone interested in music and iTunes. That’s about it…no flagrant abuse of human rights, but very annoying to people who a) like being annoyed, and/or b) felt it was like someone robbing their phone in the pub and taking a couple of photos before leaving it back on the table… some kind of breach of privacy which was really not intended. I empathise with the b)’s, but for the a)’s I’ve started referring them to the philosopher Jimmy Kimmel. That Apple remains a music company is the best news for anyone who wakes up with a melody in their head or wanting to hear one. Apple is unique in big tech in trying to get artists paid. That they would agree to pay Universal for Songs of Innocence, and then gift it to all the people who still believe music is worth paying for, both makes sense and is a beautiful thing.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident   Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 8:02 am

He's rich enough already he doesn't need to play guitar anymore just saying
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident   Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 8:09 am

Even as someone that doesn't mind U2 (the old stuff, anyway), Bono comes across as such a pretentious twat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident   Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:58 am

Only he could give an album away to millions for free and people get pissed about it.

That's talent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident   Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident Empty

Back to top Go down

Bono Says He Might Not Play Guitar Again After Cycling Accident

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1