HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 Empty
PostSubject: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:44 pm

1. Play-N-Skills featuring Redfoo, Lil Jon and Enertia McFly — Literally I Can’t

Enough oxygen has been wasted discussing this waste of electricity. There is one positive to this repulsive discharge. Being the face of a song (now with a too little, too late disclaimer saying it’s a parody) that tells women who won’t drink alcohol on the command of men to ‘shut the f--- up’ could see Redfoo piss away his future on G-rated family TV show The X Factor.

Worst bit: the `music’ is almost as ghastly as the lyrics.

2. Psy featuring Snoop Dogg — Hangover

What happens when a one-hit wonder doesn’t realise they’re a one-hit wonder? This. Truly, truly awful, there’s not even anything resembling a tune or melody here. It also proves that Snoop Dogg will jump on anyone’s song for the right cashish.

Worst bit: the total lack of a tune

3. Paris Hilton — Come Alive

Now being paid to be a DJ (she’s always known her way around a deck) the world was not exactly waiting for Paris Hilton to return to music. As with most things she does, she was the weakest link in her own song. And there’s more digital tweaking going on with her voice than a Redfoo and Will I Am boxset.

Worst bit: she actually thinks she can sing. She probably thinks she’s an amazing DJ too though.

4. Nicki Minaj — Anaconda

It’s come to this Nicki. From highly skilled rapper to suspiciously autotuned singer. And when the best idea for music your team can come up with is sampling Baby Got Back for a second-hand novelty hit about your backside then there’s a danger your career is quite literally behind you.

Worst bit: the fact that hearing Sir Mix-a-Lot is the least embarrassing part of this song.

5. Jennifer Lopez featuring Iggy Azalea — Booty

This is just sad. Would J-Lo sign on to Hey Look At My Arse: The Movie? No. So why debase your entire career with trash like this, sold purely on the fact people are clicking on to watch you shake your backside.

Worst bit: once again, zero tune. It was a common theme with R&B this year. Thank you Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars etc.

6. Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora — Black Widow

Iggy had such a big hit in America with Fancy and she could have released a tuneless dirge with a chart desperado and it still would have got radio play and sales. Oh, she did.

Worst bit: it’s a Katy Perry reject — she wrote it and dumped it, probably due to the total lack of chorus. And that tells you all you need to know.

7. Meghan Trainor — Lips are Moving

For about a week Meghan Trainor’s All About the Bass was bearable. Nice message, rotten tune. Then Trainor committed the cardinal one-hit-wonder sin — releasing a follow up that’s essentially the same song. You can get away with a lot in the slipstream of a major hit, including not fixing something that was broken. If she continues with this ‘Sassy Songs The Sound Like They Were From Grease 2’ for her album then surely patience will wear out.

Worst bit: only the start, middle and end

8. Redfoo — New Thang

Mercifully even Australia realised this had no right being a No. 1 hit. This was a change of pace for `Foo — more of a slow jam jumping on the saxwagon. However the robotic autotune was irritating even by his standards of heavy autotunage. The product placement — his own and others — also stank.

Worst bit: And those lyrics were turbo douchey — “I’ll take ya back to my place, we can skip first base, `cuz a playa like me tryna slide into home plate.” Ugh.

9. Beau Ryan featuring Justice Crew — Where You From?

Maybe you need to watch the Sydney NRL Footy Show to find it funny. Which means you also find footballers dressing up hilarious. Chris Lilley was crucified for his cultural piss-takes but once again a footballer gets a free pass in life. And when you have to rely on Justice Crew to sing for you things are dire, although they are the only bearable bit of this song. Can we also point out Justice Crew’s contender for worst lyric of the year in their single Rise and Fall ``I could see your voice, but I could never hear it.”

Worst bit: well, it’s up there with Jacko’s I’m an Individual.

10. Anja Nissen, Will I Am and Cody Wise — So Excited

So let’s recap here, Anja Nissen wins The Voice by showcasing her impressive diva voice. Her winners’ single, written by Delta Goodrem (who knows a thing about showcasing impressive voices) is scrapped by Will I Am. He then dusts this out from the arse end of his hard drive, where Nissen is relegated to guest on her own belated winner’s single. His raps are piss-weak even by his level. And even though he’s put worse songs into the chart, this one sank like a brick.

Worst bit: the fact he’s deliberately autotuning someone who won The Voice for their voice.

11. Katy Perry — This Is How We Do

We were going to go for Birthday, where she used a Wiggles-style basic tune to sing to her audience (who, if you saw her live, are about nine years old) about getting a dude in his birthday suit and pulling out her big balloons. But while the Prism singles are not a patch on the Teenage Dream singles, there’s something especially phoned-in about this track, which sounds like everyone involved slammed this down as a rough draft and ran out of time to fix it.

Worst bit: “getting our nails did all Japanesey”. Really?

12. Jason Derulo featuring Snoop Dogg - Wiggle

What were we saying about Snoop Dogg? Eight people wrote this song. None of them dared tell each other they were collaborating on turd polishing. And sorry YouTube, 400 million viewers can be wrong. Ask Psy. Or Nickelback.

Worst bit: Snoop got this on the radio “Completely separated, til I deeply penetrate it

Then I take I out, and wipe it off.” Hi kids.

13. Weezer — Back to the Shack

The ol’ ‘Release the worst song you’ve ever made before you drop a return to form album’ trick.

Worst bit: see above

14. Aronchupa — I’m an Albatroz

Clearly being purchased by the people who felt they needed to own What Does the Fox Say.

Worst bit: that chorus where you realise how easy it is to make sh**ty EDM music that’s currently taking the place of actual good songs on the radio and in the charts
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:56 pm

Wiggle is my song. walk

Not really, but out of these songs it's the only song I do kinda like. Doesn't belong IMO... it has decency to it. I aint bothered

Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:57 pm

It is abysmal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:57 pm

I like Anaconda and don't think Wiggle is as bad as people say, though it's not very good either. Other than that, this list seems petty spot on. Of course, every song ever made by Iggy should be tied for #1.

Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 6:12 pm

Did you just post realt's Spotify playlist?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Fucking shitty wifi. Is that the Wiggle song from the adult swim commercials? Because that cracks me up every time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 10:48 pm

Sad to see my hit song, "I'm a Pop Star" didn't make the list...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:14 pm

Redfoo New Thang is a great song
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:12 am

Iggy's song ain't that bad, but props on the rest of the list.

14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 FJBloTX
14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:40 am

Meth wrote:
Did you just post realt's Spotify playlist?

No he didn't
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014   14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

14 of the absolute worst songs released in 2014

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1