HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I'm reading The Death of WCW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

So I'm reading The Death of WCW Empty
PostSubject: So I'm reading The Death of WCW   So I'm reading The Death of WCW EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:11 pm

I'm at the part where Vince Russo was put in charge . I don't know why anyone would think he's a good writer Errrrrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: So I'm reading The Death of WCW   So I'm reading The Death of WCW EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:24 pm

It's because he had nobody in WCW to tell him no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I'm reading The Death of WCW   So I'm reading The Death of WCW EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:52 pm

he didn't have the filter like he had in WWF. He was made in charge and had no one above him, so his stupid shit would appear more.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So I'm reading The Death of WCW   So I'm reading The Death of WCW EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 3:22 pm

Still doesn't explain why Dixie would welcom hom back.

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: So I'm reading The Death of WCW   So I'm reading The Death of WCW EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 6:30 am

Because the guy is a dedicated worker. At one point in TNA he has literally months worth of shows written up in advance. So he's clearly not a last minute guy in that respect, thus is reliable.

Plus he does have good ideas. In the short time he was back this year, he did improve Taz and Tenay's commentary (despite it still being God awful) by making they focus on storylines more and emphasising people's moves and finishers (whereas before they just fucking rambled endlessly; take virtually any One Night Only PPV as an example), but if you give him the keys, your company is fucked. I think that's the same for a lot of people really, only he's is popularised due to WCW...he was obviously on crack when running that place xD

Russo isn't THE reason WCW died. That boat was already sinking when he arrived. He just when full retard and finished the job off Funny
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So I'm reading The Death of WCW   So I'm reading The Death of WCW EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:12 am

Chilly wrote:
Russo isn't THE reason WCW died. That boat was already sinking when he arrived. He just when full retard and finished the job off Funny
No the book is clear about that. The Russo nail was just one nail of many in the coffin. Though pay per view buy rates and house show attendance dropped by half while he was there for 13 weeks. Though the important thing (If you asked him) is that ratings gone up. Which they really didn't. They were down slightly.

I don't think he has done anything of value for pro wrestling.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So I'm reading The Death of WCW   So I'm reading The Death of WCW EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:35 am

I'll add to this.

Eric Bischoff is clearly behind both the great success and failure of WCW. He revolutionized pro wrestling and made a company that was losing money to the biggest pro wrestlign organization in The World. But it all fell apart. He kept booking screwy finishes to pay per views. He relied too much on the same stars, not making new ones. He might be able to say he made more than anyone else in pro wrestling but he'll never follow that up with the fact that he lost more than anyone else as well.

It's funny that everyone was thought that Vince Russo was supposed to save WCW when he wasn't even Turner Broadcasting's first choice to replace Bischoff. It was Jerry Jarrett (Long time Memphis promoter and co-founder of TNA Wrestling. He also ran WWE in Vince's place during the steroid scandal.). But he didn't like the product.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm reading The Death of WCW   So I'm reading The Death of WCW Empty

Back to top Go down

So I'm reading The Death of WCW

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1