HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does The WWE Title matter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Does The WWE Title matter? Empty
PostSubject: Does The WWE Title matter?   Does The WWE Title matter? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:49 am

Vince said it didn't and The Champion is never around I don\'t know

TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Does The WWE Title matter?   Does The WWE Title matter? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:55 am

It fucking SHOULD.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does The WWE Title matter?   Does The WWE Title matter? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:58 am

But it doesn't. Brock isn't around. So he's not selling any tickets, drawing any viewers, selling pay per views or The WWE Network. Basically he's a non-factor. And I guess to justify this WWE decided to have him wrestle at the big PPV events to maybe look like he's worth it.

PostSubject: Re: Does The WWE Title matter?   Does The WWE Title matter? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 2:34 am

Right now the WWE title really doesn't mean anything. It definitely should, but the fact is once Brock walked out I haven't even missed it. Cena doesn't bother me quite as much as he used to without him keeping the WWE title off people I like more (though Brock's doing the same thing, he's not there often enough for me to remember that fact). Instead, I get into the I.C. title matches, which tend to involve wrestlers I like more, anyway.

Once a full-timer gets the belt back, whether it's Roman at WM or someone else somewhere down the line, WWE will need to blow the win up big time to help remind people that the WWE title means something. If they treat it like just another title win it'll be hard for people to get back into the title picture. It'll be weird seeing that belt every week, though.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Does The WWE Title matter?   Does The WWE Title matter? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:46 am

It is not a necessary plot device

But it is very important as far as goals and establishing stars.

So both.

Does The WWE Title matter? FJBloTX
Does The WWE Title matter? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does The WWE Title matter?   Does The WWE Title matter? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:50 am

It's funny how the top two American promotions devalued their World Heavyweight Titles this year.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Does The WWE Title matter?   Does The WWE Title matter? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:53 am

The old model of booking is dead. You can't extract six, eight months out of angle anymore. The fans are smart enough to realize you're just trying to fucking milk them dry. Lesnar should have won the title at Summerslam and lost it at Hell in a Cell. Things have to move faster if WWE doesn't want casual viewers tuning out.

Does The WWE Title matter? FJBloTX
Does The WWE Title matter? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Does The WWE Title matter?   Does The WWE Title matter? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:44 pm

KevIan wrote:
The old model of booking is dead. You can't extract six, eight months out of angle anymore. The fans are smart enough to realize you're just trying to fucking milk them dry. Lesnar should have won the title  at Summerslam and lost it at Hell in a Cell. Things have to move faster if WWE doesn't want casual viewers tuning out.

I was actually going to start a thread about something very similar to this, and I'm actually almost completely the opposite to you on the subject.  I want WWE to start taking more time with their storylines, to actually build them.

Take Rowan for example.  You've got the opportunity there for a great storyline where he sheds the manchild image and manages to reintegrate himself into society after months of being brainwashed by Bray Wyatt.  Team him up occasionally with another face wrestler who's taken pity on him, and who's trying to help him out, and have them stop him when he tries to do something heel, because that's what he's conditioned to do.  All the while, Harper should be popping up every now and then (not every week), and doing something to stop the gradual face turn, saying something to Rowan to make him think that the Wyatt way is the right way.  Then, eventually, you've got a fully face Rowan about to face Harper who's been trying to mess him up for months, and there's actually story behind the fight, there's a clear grudge between the two.

Or you could just turn Rowan face instantly, have him randomly be a genius, and have the two fight without it mattering at all.

Imagine if WWE had written famous films. "Hobbit needs to throw ring into volcano. Volcano is conveniently just down the road." "Giant masked man threatens Gotham. Until two seconds later when Batman punches him and he goes away."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does The WWE Title matter?   Does The WWE Title matter? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does The WWE Title matter?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1