HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC Empty
PostSubject: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 pm

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/miley-cyrus-mtv-anger-parents-television-council-billy-160000756-us-weekly.html

Could a family feud be brewing? The Parents Television Council is fuming mad after Miley Cyrus' sexually explicit performance aired with a TV-14 rating on the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, Aug. 25, and Cyrus' dad Billy Ray serves on the board.

In a statement released Monday via Rolling Stone, the non-profit organization criticizes the 20-year-old former Disney star for her half-naked performance of "We Can't Stop" and twerking-filled "Blurred Lines" duet with Robin Thicke.

"MTV has once again succeeded in marketing sexually charged messages to young children using former child stars and condom commercials -- while falsely rating this program as appropriate for kids as young as 14. This is unacceptable," said PTC Director of Public Policy Dan Isett. "This much is absolutely clear: MTV marketed adults-only material to children while falsely manipulating the content rating to make parents think the content was safe for their children. MTV continues to sexually exploit young women by promoting acts that incorporate 'twerking' in a nude-colored bikini. How is this image of former child star Miley Cyrus appropriate for 14-year-olds? How is it appropriate for children to watch Lady Gaga strip down to a bikini in the opening act? How is it appropriate for 14-year-olds to see a condom commercial and a promo for an R-rated movie during the first commercial break?"

Making the situation even trickier? As Rolling Stone notes, Miley's famous father Billy Ray Cyrus is a member of the council's advisory board. The 52-year-old "Achy Breaky Heart" singer, however, hasn't shared his own opinion of his daughter's VMAs act. One day after Miley's Aug. 25 performance, he tweeted, "Thanking God for so many blessings tonight. Continue to pray for world peace. More love . . . less hate." Billy Ray later clarified that he was not speaking about Miley, explaining, "FYI 'Love Not Hate' Late last night I was watching devastating news out of Syria. Chemical weapons used on innocent children is unacceptable!"

With their new statement against MTV, the PTC is looking to see a change in legislation and how TV viewers pay for content. "We urge Congress to pass the Television Consumer Freedom Act which will give parents and consumers a real solution for future MTV VMA programs -- the ability to choose and pay for cable networks that they want vs. having to pay for networks they don't want," Isett said in the release. "After MTV's display last night, it's time to give control back to consumers."
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Miley is a whore.

But people shouldn't let their kids watch MTV anyway. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:57 am

To be fair Rihanna is WAY worse than Miley. And Lady Gaga had her arse cheeks on display as she only had a g-string on, so ya.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:09 pm

You expect that from Lady Gaga. Miley wanted attention, and she got it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Exactly, the whole world is talking about her. Publicity is a great thing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 pm

I agree, she wanted attention and she got it.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't get how suggestive dancing is more than TV-14.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Lmao, I love how we're all ok with some whore being a whore and getting money off it. Great parents you all will be. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Rex wrote:
When you're being bashed for it...no...it isnt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:10 pm

^^I hate when someone says that.
Just cause we (or I) could careless about what Miley does in her life, doesn't mean I'm going to do the same thing with my kids. I think I know better than that.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Yeah That Razor acting like he knows shit. Funny

RX, most celebrity's will do ANYTHING to garner attention from a fan base. Good or bad, it still makes headlines and they get publicity for it. Excuse us for not being more crucial on the matter concerning a 20-year-old, spoon-fed-since-birth celebrity who can do whatever the fuck she wants, while her daddy (in his own words) "loves her unconditionally, and that will never change".
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:41 pm

I don't give half a fuck what you guys are going to do or not do. Funny But people like Realt praising her for getting attention for doing whorish shit like that and you guys agreeing with her causes me to lose a giant deal of respect for you guys. Makes me question your mentality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:32 am

^I think the exclamation mark in realt's post pretty much indicates she was being sarcastic. The other two, however...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:31 am

Honestly, if that was anything to go by, then you can imagine future performances and music videos. It was dirty for MTV, especially with kids watching. But they'll probably tone it down next time, I guess. Rihanna, Lady Gaga and now Miley are the biggest offenders, from what I've seen. Too much skin and overly sexual. Not just on MTV but over social networks and unfortunately kids will be exposed to it. Makes me worry a bit for the next gen.

Though I still like their music >_>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Razor loves man cream wrote:
I don't give half a fuck what you guys are going to do or not do. XDBut people like Realt praising her for getting attention for doing whorish shit like that and you guys agreeing with her causes me to lose a giant deal of respect for you guys. Makes me question your mentality.
They can agree with who they want Wink wink! 
And by stating that sex sells and she makes loads of dosh from it who cares? That's what female pop singers have become these days. Don't sound so shocked Funny
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:12 pm

They are all whores.

I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:16 pm

Dead wrote:
Rex wrote:
When you're being bashed for it...no...it isnt
Yeah That 

Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC Arquette0
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC   Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC Empty

Back to top Go down

Miley Cyrus, MTV pisses off PTC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1