Share | 

Worst movie you ever saw?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Worst movie you ever saw?   Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:47 pm

I have a new worst film. Birth of A Nation (1916)

I don't understand how people can say it's one of their favorite films of all time. Even if you're super racist it's so long and boring! The story sucks. Maybe that's why I don't get it. I'm just not racist. But I've seen Nazi propaganda films and movies with blackface and they were more entertaining than this.

If you just see the fist half it's okay. There's some neat special effects. I could appreciate the film for that but it's still nothing great. Even back 20 years after the film as made people were trying to hype this up as the greatest film ever made. And that's when movies like The Gold Rush and Battleship Potemkin existed. I don't think you could just something like that when you're a filmmaker because you'd have to know something about films. I think it was racist people with a agenda pushing this and wanting to influence people.

I used to feel bad for D.W. Griffith and thought people might have not given him a fair shake. But after seeing the way he talks about his movie and seeing the movie itself he's part of the continuing problem we have today. He refuses to see that maybe his father was on the wrong side of The Civil War. He doesn't want to think that maybe his people were wrong for what they did to black people. So instead he takes The Clansman and makes this alternative history piece where the white people in The South East just had to do what they had to do. It's terrible.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Worst movie you ever saw?   Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 pm

You know, I have a lot of candidates for this, but I'll have to give it to Cannibal Holocaust. Honestly, as far as found footages go, I cringed throughout the entire movie. I was disgusted by what was happening and I think the producers got what they deserves after they released it.
Back to top Go down

Worst movie you ever saw?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2