HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal Empty
PostSubject: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 7:23 pm

WWE made the decision to have Ryback return as a babyface as officials feel there is a lack of good babyfaces on the roster right now. Ryback returned on Monday and squashed Bo Dallas, and his next TV bout will be against Heath Slater on Smackdown this week.

2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal

Despite being advertised for the bout, Brie Bella will not be participating in the Divas Halloween battle royal match taped for Smackdown this week.

Additionally, AJ Lee will not be in the match but she will be doing commentary for the bout.
Back to top Go down

Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Ryback should've never turned heel to begin with, let alone lose his "Feed me more!" Ryback Gimmick. At least it still works. I liked the crowd's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Yeah That Ryback could've been awesome if they had continued his build up from 2012.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:36 pm

IMO he needed the time as a heel to develop his work in the ring and add depth to his character. I think smarks and marks alike will be behind DAH BIG GUY now.

Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal FJBloTX
Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:38 pm

There's so much rewritten history with Ryback.

At the time he was over, practically the entire IWC stood as one and chanted NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!! because ... CM Punk.

Punk was getting practically zero reaction and Ryback and his "Feed Me More" were halfway to getting as over as Bryan did later with his "Yes" chant. But while the live crowds loved him the IWC was all "he hasn't paid his duuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeesssssss," "he doesn't have the moveset," "he can't do 20-minute main event matches," "he has no promo skills" -- all of which translated to "he's a threat to CMP."

Now people are looking back and saying "He should have been given that push" and "WWE dropped the ball."

Can't prove it was the same people, but I damned sure remember how up in arms the IWC was that a "WWE-hand-picked-meathead" might take their indie darling's place.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:46 pm

^ I was always a huge fan of Ryback, but I don't assume you're grouping me with the typical IWC member. I thought Ryback should have gone over Punk, and every time someone blames Cena for burying people (something stupid to do), I use Punk beating Ryback as an example of Punk doing the same.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 2:20 am

Even tho his heel run overall was a fail. Ian has a point tho about him needing the turn for awhile. As of a Ryback fan I am, Ryback 1.0 was a 1 dimensional hazard. During his heel run Ryback was able to get more depth into his character, his mic skills, in ring work and his charisma. But most importantly Ryback learned how to take care of the other wrestler. Ryback 1.0 was pretty careless and hurt a lot of people. But now he is has learn how to protect whoever his facing which I think his carelessness was what was screwing him over...plus his attitude backstage. Being a bottom of the barrel heel humble Ryback I think. He knows what failure taste and should never want to taste it again. I had a feeling WWE was going to give him a 2nd chance because they WWE was punishing him but at the same time was protecting him. Notice in every Rybaxel tag team match it was Axel who 80% of the time ate the pin fall. 

Ryback 2.0 could be the next top tire face WWE has been needing for a long time. Ryback 2.0 could be a future WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Because Ryback is whats best for Business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 5:55 am

Batman wrote:
^ I was always a huge fan of Ryback, but I don't assume you're grouping me with the typical IWC member. I thought Ryback should have gone over Punk, and every time someone blames Cena for burying people (something stupid to do), I use Punk beating Ryback as an example of Punk doing the same.

Ryback wasn't ready for the title. Maybe in a non title match, but not for the title.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 7:20 am

Saintpat wrote:

At the time he was over, practically the entire IWC stood as one and chanted NO!!! NO!!!! NO!!! because ... CM Punk.

Punk was getting practically zero reaction and Ryback and his "Feed Me More" were halfway to getting as over as Bryan did later with his "Yes" chant. But while the live crowds loved him the IWC was all "he hasn't paid his duuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeesssssss," "he doesn't have the moveset," "he can't do 20-minute main event matches," "he has no promo skills" -- all of which translated to "he's a threat to CMP."

Now people are looking back and saying "He should have been given that push" and "WWE dropped the ball."

Can't prove it was the same people, but I damned sure remember how up in arms the IWC was that a "WWE-hand-picked-meathead" might take their indie darling's place.

He might have been a threat to CM Punk but I'll tell you, I love John Cena, but when John Cena wins titles or main events I'm a little... indifferent would be kind... toward it. I hated Cena winning the title at MITB for example. When Cena beat Ryback at the Royal Rumble, I was legitimately happy. When Cena repeatedly beat him in main events after... I was happy. I love Punk. I love Cena but wasn't happy Punk wasn't in the top spot... but I just didn't like Ryback.

The big run ins, the squash matches, the catch phrase, the unique look, the announcers being told to put him over as a huge star, the intro to his theme music... Just everything felt so god damn forced, because the talent, in my opinion, wasn't there. He's never going to be great in the ring, but he has improved. He's more patient and more safe now. He's added depth to the character. He's better with promos.

I don't think the WWE dropped the ball at all. I think they took a guy away from the main event that was going to get the spot and have the fan reactions die when the initial appeal wore off, and improved him in every area except move-set. I think that has to be their next move with Ryback. Get him one more signature move and a new main finisher. Shell Shock sucks.

Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal FJBloTX
Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 10:56 am

Saintpat wrote:

Not sure if trolling....Punk was getting zero reactions? He had PAUL HEYMAN as his mouthpiece, he had just attacked the Rock months prior......sometimes i wonder if you know what you're talking about and are just trollbaiting to get a reaction out of people...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal   Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage News on Why Ryback Returned as a Babyface, 2 Divas Not in Smackdown Battle Royal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1