HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jets turn to Vick at QB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

Jets turn to Vick at QB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets turn to Vick at QB   Jets turn to Vick at QB - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:31 pm

This is just more confirming what I've seen with my own eyes to this point. Glad I randomly found these stats to point out:

Geno Smith:

Jets turn to Vick at QB - Page 2 633e1384e7085c43a7564478f5f74b6d

2.63 air yards / attempt (Dead last in the league)

Only 44.7% of his pass yards this year come in the air, the other 55%+ comes from the receivers after the catch. (6th worst in the league)

^ He was actually 7th best in the league with that stat last season, so no he has not been better this season any way you look at it.

Despite that:

10 INT (Tied 2nd worst in the league)
4.30 INT rate (4th worst in the league with QB's that have had over 100 pass attempts. 3rd worst with QB's over 200 pass attempts)
0.7 TD:INT ratio (Tied 2nd worst in the league)

Ian called Vick a "check down" QB when the guy he's been trying to defend has been the epitome of a check down QB... and hasn't been doing that effectively at all. Fail! At least Vick is being effective, and he can still hit the deep guy when the opportunity is there, something very rarely seen from Geno, especially this season.

Ian you highlight Vick's flaws constantly but fail to realize or address that Geno has a whole lot of those same flaws, more flaws, and doesn't really excel in any areas that Vick does excel in.

Vick has 0 turnovers in the 2 games he has started. Vick's 67 yard TD pass last game had more air yards than any Geno Smith completion all season (don't know the exact number but it was a good majority of those 67 yards). Geno doesn't have a passing TD with more than 5 air yards all season....

Foles has 10 INT's this year as well without even playing the full 10 weeks. He still has a great Eagles offense (lost Djax but gained Matthews & Sproles) with better offensive coaching than Vick ever had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com

Jets turn to Vick at QB

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2