HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keanu Reeves wants to play a superhero

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Keanu Reeves wants to play a superhero Empty
PostSubject: Keanu Reeves wants to play a superhero   Keanu Reeves wants to play a superhero EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:26 am

Keanu Reeves has always wanted to play a high-profile superhero.

The 'Matrix' actor explained that although he craves the opportunity to play Batman or Wolverine, he has never been offered the chance.

The 50-year-old star told Moviefone: ''I always wanted to play Wolverine. But I didn't get that. And they have a great Wolverine now.

''I always wanted to play The Dark Knight. But I didn't get that one. They've had some great Batmans. So now I'm just enjoying them as an audience.''

Asked whether he would like to direct a film featuring the iconic characters, he responded: ''Yeah, I could do that.''

The actor also spoke about movies that have their origins in comic books, explaining: ''I love the graphic novel form. I like how it's been translated.

''I certainly think it's impactful, with the images translating to cinema. I mean just look at 'The Matrix'. That was influenced by graphic novels and anime. I like that world. I like action. I like science fiction. I like heightened realism.''

Reeves is currently working on 'Bill & Ted 3', which will feature multiple versions of the film's titular characters.

Alex Winter - who played Bill S Preston alongside Reeves as Ted Theodore Logan - said recently that the third movie will start with Bill and Ted in their 40s.

He explained: ''[It's] answering the question: 'What happened to these guys?'

''They're supposed to have done all this stuff, they weren't the brightest bulbs on the tree, what happened 20 years later? To answer that question in a comedic way felt rich with possibility.''

Back to top Go down

Keanu Reeves wants to play a superhero

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1