HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daniel Bryan; Political Push?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Daniel Bryan; Political Push? Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Bryan; Political Push?   Daniel Bryan; Political Push? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:00 pm

"Just to clarify right at the top here, I am a Bryan fan. I think he deserves the title. I think he deserves to be the top face.

I just don't like why it's happening.

Because it has nothing to do with his talent, or how much of a draw he is. He's been talented from the start, and he's been a serious draw at least since he won the world title (which, to be sure, didn't make him the face of the company by any means, nor indicate that he someday would be--though the reactions for him were great for the extent of his push). And yet none of that put him where he is today, seeing as he's hovered around the upper midcard at best until this summer.

What it really seems to be is his clout with John Cena and the Bella Twins. It's politics, and make no mistake, I don't blame him at all for playing the game. That's how you get ahead. But you can't deny it. Say what you want about Cena, but I don't think he would have wrestled many other people with the triceps injury. It's all politics.

And now Bryan is positioned to be a top face in the company, and he deserves to be there, but the pretenses are godawful. He's being pushed for the same reason Evan Bourne was way back in 2010, only with the requisite skills to back it up and the Bellas to give it a little extra something. And, while we're at it, no one in the IWC seems to be complaining about this--although they were quick to jump on Sheamus for working out with Triple H. Is it the quality of the worker in question that makes all the difference?

So now Cena and Sheamus are out, and a ton of wrestlers have a great opportunity to truly make names for themselves. With any luck, though, it will be a matter of talent alone, and not political clout."

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan; Political Push?   Daniel Bryan; Political Push? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:18 pm

I don't think it's politics at all. I think Daniel Bryan is just a generally endearing guy. I get why it comes off as politics but I don't think he's making that sort of effort... I just think if you meet him you like him. He's small, so it's unusual, but it has a larger-than-life presence. It's a quiet confidence that I've seen with him since day 1.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan; Political Push?   Daniel Bryan; Political Push? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm mostly just on this forum to get other people's feeling in the world or wrestling. I don't see people on Joe Henning for getting pushed because he was working out with Triple H. Then again Joe got kicked in the nuts and made to look weak.

Bryan Danielson showed interest in doing things outside of pro wrestling so I don't think he would feel the need to get political but it's possible. That's how you get ahead in WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan; Political Push?   Daniel Bryan; Political Push? EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:03 pm

^
Drew used to be HHH's workout buddy and look at him now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan; Political Push?   Daniel Bryan; Political Push? Empty

Back to top Go down

Daniel Bryan; Political Push?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1