HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benedict Cumberbatch to play the Queen in drag?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Benedict Cumberbatch to play the Queen in drag? Empty
PostSubject: Benedict Cumberbatch to play the Queen in drag?   Benedict Cumberbatch to play the Queen in drag? EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:24 am

Benedict Cumberbatch would dress in drag to play Queen Elizabeth II.

The 38-year-old actor - who is currently starring as gay mathematician Alan Turing in the WW2 thriller 'The Imitation Game' - has joked he would be up for playing the British monarch, even though he's a man.

When asked why it took so long for authorities to pardon his character - who was prosecuted for his homosexuality in the UK in 1952 - the 'Sherlock' star said: ''Why couldn't it have been earlier? I don't know. I'm not the Queen or David Cameron.

He then quipped: ''Maybe those will be my next roles. I'd like to see me in that frock.''

Although an Oscar buzz has already started circulating around Benedict's portrayal of the code-breaker - who was a key figure in solving Nazi Germany's Enigma code which ultimately helped the allies win World War II - the actor is ignoring the praise but is happy that the rumours may encourage people to go see the film.

Benedict - who attended the film's premiere at the Odeon in London's Leicester Square with his co-star Keira Knightley on Wednesday night (08.10.14) - said: ''If it gets people to see the film, frankly, that really is all I care about. I really want his story to be known as broadly as possible.

''It's a great honour to be asked to play someone like Alan Turing.''
Back to top Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch to play the Queen in drag?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1