HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goldberg Shoots Down 'Mania Rumor, Diva Charlotte Interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Goldberg Shoots Down 'Mania Rumor, Diva Charlotte Interview Empty
PostSubject: Goldberg Shoots Down 'Mania Rumor, Diva Charlotte Interview   Goldberg Shoots Down 'Mania Rumor, Diva Charlotte Interview EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:44 am

Goldberg posted the following response on Twitter when a fan brought up the rumors of a potential WrestleMania 30 match.

Nope...RT @TMoyer34: So apparently the new rumor is that @Goldberg in talks to do Wrestlemania 30 how true is that?

Charlotte Talks With WWE.com
WWE.com has posted part two of their interview feature with Ric Flair's daughter and NXT Diva, Charlotte. She talks about paving her own way in the business, whether or not Ric pushed her into wrestling, and more
WWE.COM: Did your father ever suggest the possibility of you following in his footsteps?

CHARLOTTE: It was something he always said I would be phenomenal at, but not something he pushed. Dad always pushed me to pursue college sports and a degree. He said wrestling would always be there. When I finally told my dad I wanted to give it a go, he said, "OK, kid, let's get you in ring shape." I’ll never forget the first day I hit the ropes with my dad and little brother. He's always believed in me, no matter what I wanted to do.

WWE.COM: You weren’t the first of your siblings to step inside the ring. How did the family react when your older brother, David Flair, joined the ranks of WCW?

CHARLOTTE: Our family really had no time to react; we were not prepared for it. WCW wanted to use David in a tag match with Dad, but it was on extremely short notice. David had almost no experience before being thrown to the wolves. My brother did the best he could, but things just went south. After the collapse of WCW, David went on to work in the U.K., Puerto Rico and then WWE Developmental territory OVW to gain the experience that he didn’t get while he was in WCW.

WWE.COM: Before you joined NXT, I understand you amassed an impressive resume of athletic achievements.

CHARLOTTE: I really have tried it all. My parents put me in gymnastics at a very young age, and I competed until the 7th grade. My favorite events were vault and floor. As I got taller, my parents wanted me to make a decision. Dad wanted me to start basketball and volleyball, while my mom wanted me try competitive cheerleading, so I did them all.

From 7th to 9th grade, I was on an all-girls senior squad for the Charlotte All-Stars. In my two years with them, we won three national championships. While cheering I was also playing basketball and volleyball. Dad would send me to Nike camps during the summer because that was an off-season for all-star cheerleading.

[During] my junior year of high school, I verbally committed to a Division 1, full-ride volleyball scholarship to Appalachian State University as an outside hitter. I ended up graduating from North Carolina State University with a degree in Communications. While growing up, I also took tap, ballet, diving and little league softball.
Back to top Go down

Goldberg Shoots Down 'Mania Rumor, Diva Charlotte Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldberg Shoots Down 'Mania Rumor, Diva Charlotte Interview   Goldberg Shoots Down 'Mania Rumor, Diva Charlotte Interview EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:57 am

I wonder what it's like growing up in a town that shares your name.
Back to top Go down

Goldberg Shoots Down 'Mania Rumor, Diva Charlotte Interview

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1