HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adrian Peterson Faces Charges

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

Adrian Peterson Faces Charges Empty
PostSubject: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted by a Montgomery County, Texas, grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child, according to multiple media reports.

Montgomery County sheriff investigators said they received the case earlier this year and that Peterson has been cooperative with them. The Montgomery County District Attorney's office told ESPN that Peterson has not been arrested.

The Vikings released a statement Friday saying they're in the process of gathering information about Peterson's legal situation.

Peterson practiced Friday with the Vikings, who play host to the Patriots on Sunday.

Last October, Peterson's 2-year-old son died in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, after being allegedly assaulted by a man who was dating the boy's mother. Peterson learned only two months earlier that he was the boy's father. The man who assaulted the boy, Joseph Robert Patterson, was charged with murder and manslaughter.

Peterson reflected on his loss in an August interview with ESPN.com Vikings reporter Ben Goessling.

"It's just made me stop taking things for granted," said Peterson, who turned 29 in March. "Life is short. You never know. You just want to take advantage of the time you do have."

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 6:15 pm

"UPDATE: Child Protective Services confirms they are working on a case involving Peterson and an 11-year-old boy."

If this all comes out as true, there better be some kind of year long suspension. Because if there isnt, i hope to god there's some kind of huge outrage.

https://twitter.com/WCCO/status/510546435809345536/photo/1
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 8:11 pm

I don't think hitting your kid with a switch should be illegal OR my fucking business. Parent/child relationship should not be public domain unless the child is in danger - and frankly I don't think that's the case here. Again, NONE of my god damn business though.

Adrian Peterson Faces Charges FJBloTX
Adrian Peterson Faces Charges Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Hit him with a what? Indifferent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 8:39 pm

a switch is slang for a tree branch or a stick. id rather they call it what it fucking is other than giving it a stupid nickname
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Yeah, that's...

...that's not good...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Well people are justifying it. Even though the kid is ELEVEN and said he's been beaten with belts and whatever else. Plus the markings show something that isnt a normal punishment.
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Yeah, don't beat your fucking kids guys.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Hitting your kid with a switch isn't "beating" them. That's NORMAL in the South. Maybe yall should read some southern literature because the term "switch" isn't slang. It's in the dictionary.

From the dictionary: "Chiefly Southern U.S. To whip with or as if with a switch, especially in punishing a child."

That is what's normal in the south, period. Unless you think the kid is in danger, it's none of your god damn business whether he's "going to far" or what the right way is to discipline children is.
No,

Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Dead wrote:
Plus the markings show something that isnt a normal punishment.

Normal to YOU.

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:04 pm

Damn, it's always the Hispanic & black parents in the news for beating their kids. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:57 am

I agree completely with Ian here. And not even just in the South... there's a bunch of kids in the ghetto-ish parts of NJ around me that have been beaten by their parents in some form at least a couple times. I don't really think it's right to say how he should raise his kids, cause plenty of people do raise them that way and it's considered normal in areas.

Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:58 am

Plus, I need this to not be a major issue for the sake of my fantasy team. suspicious

walk

TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:58 am

It will be. Considering Ray Rice just happened, 150% sure AP's career is OVER.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 1:10 am

Punishing your kids =/= hitting an adult woman Indifferent

Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 1:33 am

Good luck convincing the general public that. Funny
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 2:16 am

I don't see how it being considered normal in certain areas makes it OK, or how hitting an adult female is worse than hitting an eleven year old. The majority of the first world is pretty anti-hitting kids, I'm not sure how the American South or some "ghetto" areas condoning it means it's acceptable and not harmful.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 3:00 am

AP must not be paying his child support or something...because otherwise, this doesn't get out there. NAH

Oh, & if Adrian Peterson is convicted over this...my granny, mama, and of them are all going to prison. I'm snitching. walk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 8:51 am

EEYEN wrote:
Dead wrote:
Plus the markings show something that isnt a normal punishment.

Normal to YOU.

So hitting someone with a stick and forcefeeding them leaves is a normal punishment? Hitting them SEVERAL times with a stick because a kid pushed his brother off a video game is normal to you? Once or twice is normal. Multiple times is not. I dont care if you're from the south, the northwest, midwest Canada, the spot in the west where the 4 states meet at the same location, you dont do it repeatedly.

Here's another report

Quote :

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Texas for "reckless or negligent injury to a child," according to the Fox affiliate in Houston. The indictment was made in Montgomery County.

Child Protective Services confirms to TMZ that they are working on a case involving Peterson and an 11-year-old boy.

More details via Minneapolis' WCCO:

Sports Radio 610 in Houston obtained a draft of the police report which says Peterson admitted that he did, in his words, “whoop” one of his children last May while the boy was visiting him in Houston.

When the 4-year-old boy returned to Minnesota, his mother took him to a doctor. The police report said the boy told the doctor Peterson had hit him with a branch from a tree.

The doctor told investigators that the boy had a number of lacerations on his thighs, along with bruise-like marks on his lower back and buttocks and cuts on his hand. The police report says the doctor described some of the marks as open wounds and termed it “child abuse.” Another examiner agreed, calling the cuts “extensive.”

According to Sports Radio 610: "Peterson's son had pushed another one of Peterson's children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch -- which he consistently referred to as a 'switch' -- removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly."

More via Sports Radio 610: Peterson allegedly told the child's mother via text message that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh.” Peterson also acknowledged the injury to the child's scrotum, saying in the text message, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, I'm all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!

"“Never do I go overboard!" Peterson continued. "But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don't play no games when it comes to acting right.”

Meanwhile, police reports tell a different story. Again, details courtesy of Sports Radio 610:

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Making him eat leaves is unsubstantiated as far as I know. Hitting them with a switch is normal.

This is a four year old. He's not exactly a dependable witness, especially if he's mad. He could be being coached. All we know for sure, right now, is that Peterson hit him a little too hard with a mechanism that is perfectly normal in many areas in this country.

Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Have you guys seen the pictures of the 4 year old's legs? They're not good. And I don't think tradition is a legal argument tbh.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:30 pm

I don't know what happened here, but I support physical consequences for kids.

That said, if it's as serious as they're saying it is, he's too far. There's a difference between physical consequences like spanking, and abusing your kid. I'm glad the NFL is finally taking the shitty attitude of their spoiled players seriously. I'm tired of hearing of NFL stars getting away with shit all the time. but hopefully the Ray Rice case will help change that.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Is he 4 or is he 11?
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:09 am

He's 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Adrian Peterson Faces Charges Nfl_g_peterson_mugshot_b2_110x110

actually smiled in his mugshot Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Faces Charges   Adrian Peterson Faces Charges Empty

Back to top Go down

Adrian Peterson Faces Charges

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next