HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AJ Styles On His TNA Departure Being So Publicized, WWE Not Picking His WCW Contract, Was He A Wrestling Fan Before He Broke In The Business?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

AJ Styles On His TNA Departure Being So Publicized, WWE Not Picking His WCW Contract, Was He A Wrestling Fan Before He Broke In The Business? Empty
PostSubject: AJ Styles On His TNA Departure Being So Publicized, WWE Not Picking His WCW Contract, Was He A Wrestling Fan Before He Broke In The Business?   AJ Styles On His TNA Departure Being So Publicized, WWE Not Picking His WCW Contract, Was He A Wrestling Fan Before He Broke In The Business? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:03 am

Former TNA star and current ROH wrestler AJ Styles recently participated in an interview with The Whig, and spoke about his TNA departure, never working for WWE after WCW, and more.

Styles also talks about how he broke into wrestling, his hopes for TNA and comparing the company to an ‘old girlfriend,’ and more. You can read a few excerpts below:

AJ Styles On His TNA Departure

“Ultimately, Dixie’s the head honcho there. If you’re the head honcho of any business, you’ve got to take responsibility for the good things and the bad things. You’ve got to hire the right people. If you’re not smart enough to make this decision, or make the right decision, then you hire someone who’s smarter than you to make that decision for you.”

What he thought about WWE not signing him:

“The only contact I had was Johnny Ace telling me that they were not picking up my contract,” Styles said, admitting it was a huge blow to his confidence. “It was depressing there for a little bit, but it was one of those things where (I said) ‘Alright, I’m going to go back to the indies and I’m going to find a way to make a name for myself.’ ”

How AJ says he got into wrestling, and if he was a fan:

“It wasn’t something that I sought to do. I had some friends who were lifelong wrestling fans. They’ll watch wrestling till they die,” he said, adding that his friends planned to train to become pro wrestlers.

“I probably would not have the most prestigious job in the world, that’s for sure,” he said with a laugh. “At the time, I was delivering bottled water. I can’t imagine I’d be doing some job that I’d be making a lot of money or something that my child would (be saying) ‘Hey, this is what my dad does for a living.’ I could be wrong, (but) who knows where I would’ve ended up.”

http://www.thewhig.com/2014/08/26/aj-styles-headlines-hawkesbury-show
Back to top Go down

AJ Styles On His TNA Departure Being So Publicized, WWE Not Picking His WCW Contract, Was He A Wrestling Fan Before He Broke In The Business?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1