HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? Empty
PostSubject: Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him?   Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:55 am

Former WWE, WCW and TNA writer Vince Russo was recently a guest with Pro Wrestling Report, and he participated in a special one-on-one interview with Dameon Nelson.

Nelson asks Vince Russo about his release from TNA, the Spike TV / TNA relationship, the Internet Wrestling Community, and more. You can read a few excerpts below:

Russo on the IWC backlash:

The point is this. the internet wrestling community is just a small part of the audience. My job as a creator is to make the highest rating I possibly could. When you are talking about high ratings you need to talk about the appeal to the masses. When you need to appeal to the masses you can’t exactly do things the internet wrestling community wants you to do them. You are more or less going after a broader appeal of that casual fan. So because I did not represent wrestling the way they (The internet wrestling community) wants it. That’s what started the personal attacks ‘I’m a moron, I’m an idiot, I don’t know what I’m doing’

Russo saying why Spike is horrible for TNA:

I’ve been holding this back for years and I finally get to say this. I felt like Hannibal Lecter when he was strapped in and had his mouth wired shut. Spike TV is a horrible partner. Why TNA would ever want to partner with Spike is beyond me unless there were no other options. If Spike TV were the only option to stay on television then I would understand it. They are a horrible partner, they know nothing about the wrestling business. The way they advertised and marketed the program over the years was absolutely atrocious.

I can tell you this from a position where I worked with the USA network. I worked directly with Bonnie Hammer. She was the female version of Vince McMahon. She knew what she was doing. When you had Bonnie Hammer at USA and Vince McMahon, the sky was the limit. If TNA signs another deal with Spike TV great for them. It will move along for another two years and everyone will work but the product will not grow on Spike TV. My hope for TNA is that a new network comes along and embraces TNA and gives them the time and investment to help grow the product. I can’t say this enough. TNA ON SPIKE TV WILL NEVER GROW!

Russo on if he thinks Hogan/Bischoff was helping TNA:

You know here is the thing. I don’t know. I’m not privy to how much they made. I don’t know how much they affected international markets. I didn’t look into how much business they were able to ascertain with the Hulk Hogan name in other markets. I never looked into that. In terms of the impact they made on a week to week television show, I can say that it just wasn’t there. I don’t think it was realistic that some people thought that the rating was going to go from a 1.4 or whatever it was to a 2.4 or 3.4. It doesn’t work that way. But I also thought it was never going to work from the get-go to be honest with you.

You can watch the entire PWR interview with Russo by clicking here.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him?   Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 12:14 am

Yeah I guess the entire Impact Zone must of had members of The IWC when they were chanting "Fire Russo!"

The guy just needs to stay away from pro wrestling.

MFiSG
Middle Carder
MFiSG

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him?   Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Vince Russo wrote:
The point is this. the internet wrestling community is just a small part of the audience.

No.

Vince Russo wrote:
My job as a creator is to make the highest rating I possibly could.

Which you did for two years with WWF, and have not done for 15 years afterwards.

Vince Russo wrote:
When you are talking about high ratings you need to talk about the appeal to the masses.

Which you did not do.

Vince Russo wrote:
When you need to appeal to the masses you can’t exactly do things the internet wrestling community wants you to do them.

You do things that nobody wants you to do.

Vince Russo wrote:
You are more or less going after a broader appeal of that casual fan.

You do not appeal to casual fans, hardcore fans, or any fans in between.

Vince Russo wrote:
So because I did not represent wrestling the way they (The internet wrestling community) wants it. That’s what started the personal attacks

The only aspect of wrestling that you represent is that sometimes wrestling companies hire assholes.

Vince Russo wrote:
‘I’m a moron, I’m an idiot, I don’t know what I’m doing’

The only thing you said that I agree with.

Seriously, is there any question why anyone hates this guy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him?   Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Vince RussoVince Russo of Pyro & Ballyhoo recently answered a Spike TV executive’s statement, claiming that the network doesn’t know Russo with an editorial on his website and some Twitter remarks.

Russo responds to Spike executive David Schwarz by calling Schwarz’s comments into question, saying this is reflective of what kind of network Spike really is. You can read an excerpt from the response below:

I can go on all day here, but I really don’t have to. David Schwarz does a fine job of his own painting a picture of WHO Spike TV is, WHAT Spike TV represents and the exact reasons why I laid out through my “opinions” WHY I believe that Spike is inept and a horrible partner for TNA Wrestling. Do you think, in even your wildest Vince Russo imagination, that Bonnie Hammer, the former top brass at the USA Network who I worked with on occasion for the five years that I was employed by the WWE, would have wasted one second of her time constructing a ridiculous statement such as this? Regarding someone who she “didn’t even know?” Of course she wouldn’t. But, that’s why USA Network is USA Network, and Spike TV is . . . well . . . .Spike TV.

Russo’s entire editorial response on the matter can be viewed on his website here.

Russo also took some shots at the network last night and today on Twitter, which can be seen below:

@pyroballyhoo
Follow

The Swerve & VIP Video Interview up! Maybe Spike "Can't See Me"--but, I responded anyway!!! http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/swerve-ep-8-lisa-marie-varon-taravictoria-090914/ … pic.twitter.com/2QFlCbHPAu

Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? 1

@pyroballyhoo
Follow

In case SPIKE TV "didn't know"--THIS is who Vince Russo is! http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/vince/
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him?   Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:40 pm

I don't get the criticism of Spike responding. I don't think companies have to be dart boards for whatever people put out there.

You could just as easily ask if we think a successful TV writer would waste one second blogging about the things he does, rebooking things that happened almost two decades ago, etc.

Russo is a loser. Always has been, always will be. Has he ever once stood up and said, 'Yeah, that one was on me. I had a bad idea and, well, yeah that was some pretty stupid booking now that I look back at it.' I mean, are his failure literally ALL someone else's fault?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him?   Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:57 pm

Russo is a garbage writer and a garbage person. You shouldn't take anything he say at face value.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him?   Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vince Russo Says Spike Is Horrible For TNA & Praises USA Network Employee, His Thoughts On Hogan/Bischoff In TNA, Why Does He Think The IWC Hates Him?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1