HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea Empty
PostSubject: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Batista was recently a guest on Chris Jericho’s “Talk is Jericho,” and during the interview Batista talked about his WWE debut.

Amidst talking about the Deacon Batista gimmick, Batista revealed another gimmick idea that never came to fruition. In Batista’s early WWE days, his character was constantly angry, and the gimmick was supposed to lead up to the revelation that Batista was a “rape child.” This would have been the source of his anger, as he was hateful of everyone because he had no father and his mother was raped.

You can check out the entire podcast at this link.

http://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Probably thought up by the same guy that came up with Katie Vick. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:01 pm

That would of been fucking horrible.
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Oh jeeez. face palm
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:49 pm

That sounds awful.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Indifferent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Where's those hilarious rape jokes?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:12 pm

1. I bought a rape whistle and it has come in handy... really helps to mask the screams.

2. "Sex with a person that doesn't want it is rape"
I don't think a woman that's unconscious is in any position to make choices.

METH FIND ME MORE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:18 pm

There's no such thing as a hilarious rape joke. They dodged a bullet with that gimmick, the last thing wrestling needs is that sort of press.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:26 pm

^ Do you ever laugh at murder jokes?

Also, it seems like half the people on this forum don't visit the Lounge. No one gets my references. Shaking Head

To clear things up: I made a thread explaining how it's stupid and hypocritical to laugh at murder jokes while being completely against rape jokes. Rape jokes are funny, murder jokes are funny. Nothing is off limits. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:37 pm

I found both of Razor's jokes hilarious.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Razor wrote:
^ Do you ever laugh at murder jokes?

Also, it seems like half the people on this forum don't visit the Lounge. No one gets my references. Shaking Head

To clear things up: I made a thread explaining how it's stupid and hypocritical to laugh at murder jokes while being completely against rape jokes. Rape jokes are funny, murder jokes are funny. Nothing is off limits. I aint bothered

*funny jokes are funny

You're making them to offend people, which isn't funny.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:59 pm

Dr. Picklecopter wrote:
I found both of Razor's jokes hilarious.

^ I think you owe me an apology, TJ.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:04 am

Ok, one person found them funny. Good for you. I didn't. Funny There's a time and a place.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:07 am

Oh, so I should not make jokes because you don't find them funny, nice to know. Errrrrrrrr

Also, for your statement on "you're just saying them to offend people." - If that were true I wouldn't have gone out of my way to make them funny. I woulda just said whatever popped into my head. Get The Fuck Out with your overly sensitive ass.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:10 am

Wtf..?

I didn't say you shouldn't make them. Not at all. That's not for me to say. You have the right to say whatever you want, just as I have the right to say that I don't find it funny. walk
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:14 am

Didn't Dennis Rodman have a story line in WCW that made him a rapist in kayfabe? itchy head
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:14 am

You don't have to find them funny, but don't try to insult me for it and then expect me to not say anything back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:33 am

I've never heard a funny murder joke either. Both murder and rape jokes rely on shock humor, which is inherently not funny. It's like people who think sticking Hitler or Nazis into random things is funny because it's "shocking", when really it's not.
Back to top Go down
pegasus187
HOFer
HOFer
pegasus187

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:54 am

Wasn't there talk of a Nazi unfrozen after 50 years being managers by Paul Heyman?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 11:12 am

^^ Different types of humor I guess. I think anything and everything is fair game. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 11:37 am

I'm with Razor there.

There's a difference between making a controversial joke simply because it's controversial and making a controversial joke because it's funny. Anything can have a funny joke made about it, whether it's controversial or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 11:56 am

Humor depends on the situation, honestly. Under the right ones, yes, there are funny rape jokes. But it's a very particular kind of joke, because you never know who could be listening that, instead of a laugh, gets a reminder of the worst moments of their life.

Likewise, as far as entertainment goes, the very idea of this angle disturbs me to the core. Wrestling has always been kind of an adult entertainment, but there are children who watch it as well and the idea of some child or mother actually going through that situation seeing this on tv is just heart-wrenching. I'm glad they decided not to go with it.

On a lighter note, a small rapish joke to lighten the mood - A thought: If you force a prostitute to have sex with you, is it rape or shoplifting?
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:05 pm

pegasus187 wrote:
Wasn't there talk of a Nazi unfrozen after 50 years being managers by Paul Heyman?

Heidenreich, yes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Señor Snoopz wrote:
I'm with Razor there.

There's a difference between making a controversial joke simply because it's controversial and making a controversial joke because it's funny. Anything can have a funny joke made about it, whether it's controversial or not.

I agree with this premise, but I've never personally heard a "controversial" joke that was funny. In my experience, they're usually too caught up in being controversial to actually be funny. The rape jokes posted earlier in this thread, for example, relied purely on shocking the reader into a laugh, and were completely devoid of any sort of wit or humor. They would be more at home in a Family Guy episode than someplace funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea   Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Batista Reveals Shocking Original WWE Gimmick Idea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next