HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joan Rivers passes away at 81

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Joan Rivers passes away at 81 Empty
PostSubject: Joan Rivers passes away at 81   Joan Rivers passes away at 81 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 3:58 pm

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/joan-rivers--trailblazing-comic--red-carpet-fixture--dead-215344477.html

Joan Rivers, the razor-witted comic and red carpet queen, died Thursday of complications suffered from minor surgery in New York City a week ago. She was 81.

As she had done throughout the past week, daughter and frequent collaborator Melissa Rivers thanked fans for their well wishes and tireless support.

"It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers. She passed peacefully at 1:17 p.m. ET surrounded by family and close friends. My son [Cooper] and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff of Mount Sinai Hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother," Melissa, 46, said in a statment.

"Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support, and prayers we have received from around the world. They have been heard and appreciated.

"My mother’s greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."

Rivers stopped breathing and slipped into cardiac arrest during the Aug. 28 throat procedure at the out-patient clinic Yorkville Endoscopy (which is being probed by the New York Health Department). She was rushed via ambulance to Mount Sinai Hospital, where she remained in a medically induced coma through the Labor Day weekend but was not breathing on her own.

On Wednesday, Melissa announced Joan had been "moved out of intensive care and into a private room where she is being kept comfortable." According to family friend Cindy Adams, the room was professionally decorated with flowers, bows, plants, while show tunes played on CD and a white faux mink blanket covered the bed. Her hair and makeup were kept immaculate — just as Joan would want it.

Joan Rivers, a native New Yorker and relentless worker, had been planning a fall tour of the United Kingdom, Before They Close the Lid, and had a slate of QVC and stateside comedy-show appearances booked through Thanksgiving while also fulfilling her duties as host of E!'s Fashion Police. She last appeared on stage, at New York's Laurie Beechman, on Aug. 27, the night before her throat procedure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joan Rivers passes away at 81   Joan Rivers passes away at 81 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:08 pm

RIP Joan
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Joan Rivers passes away at 81   Joan Rivers passes away at 81 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Very funny person. The world is worse off with her gone.

Joan Rivers passes away at 81 FJBloTX
Joan Rivers passes away at 81 Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Joan Rivers passes away at 81   Joan Rivers passes away at 81 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Really shocking news. She was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joan Rivers passes away at 81   Joan Rivers passes away at 81 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joan Rivers passes away at 81

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1