HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show Empty
PostSubject: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:46 am

Former WWE/WCW/TNA writer Vince Russo posted an open letter to WWE talking about what is wrong with WWE right now, and asks them to fix it.

Russo wrote it on his Pyro & Ballyhoo website, and specifically addresses it to the McMahon family and Triple H. He offers a fair criticism of the RAW show, from his point of view as a fan and a former writer. You can read an excerpt of the letter below:

Dear Vince, Stephanie and Hunter,

First let me apologize for my rant last night on Russo on Raw. I’m Italian, I’m emotional, I’m sorry I get that way sometimes. Come to think of it, you probably witnessed it first hand in a galaxy far, far away—many light years ago. The truth is—I hate to criticize RAW. I really do. Having been there and done that, I realize how difficult it is to come up with two hours of compelling content every week – let alone three. The job is not easy, I understand that, and nobody can be criticized for TRYING and giving their BEST EFFORT—nobody. But . . . the question I have to ask is: “Is what we see every Monday Night honestly and truly your best effort? I just know that having worked with all three of you in the past, I don’t think any of us would have been satisfied, or even ALLOWED last night’s show to air in its final form. Are we seriously not better than that? What happened to our mantra during the Attitude Era when this week’s show was going to be better than last weeks? Remember that, Vince?

I don’t know what it is. I don’t know the structure, because I am not there, but nobody—NOBODY—can tell me that with a bit more effort you couldn’t be doing better than what WE THE PEOPLE are being exposed to every Monday Night. Look—we all love wrestling, we are all HUGE fans of the WWE and in all truthfulness—WE WANT TO LIKE THE SHOW!!! But, you just make it so difficult. Asking anybody to sit through three hours of what you’re currently putting on the air is not only asking too much . . .but, it’s also unfair.

Look, I’m not going to tell you what to do, or how to do it, who am I? All I’m asking is that you all ask each other—is this the best that World Wrestling Entertainment has to offer its fans? If the answer is yes, that I guess I’ve just over-rated you, however, I think we all know that’s not the answer. I don’t think any of you can walk away from that building on Monday night honestly believing that you had just put your best foot forward. I don’t believe that for a second.

You can read the rest of Russo’s letter to WWE on his website by clicking here.

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/open-letter-vince-steph-hhh-fan-wwe/
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:55 am

I never did watch wrestling during The Attitude Era but I can only assume what we have now is better than that Crash TV type bullshit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:15 am

Ehhhhhhhhh, it's debatable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:20 am

The Attitude Era had it's bad moments but they were NEVER this bad as it has been the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:26 am

I say at least maybe raw won't be boring as fuck if Russo was in there
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:29 am

Russo couldn't write TNA tho. Indifferent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 am

Russo can actually come up with good ideas. However the problem with him is if you give him full control shit will happen.  WCW and TNA's problems where making him head writer. you need someone over him.

Last edited by Destroyer>Beast on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:18 am

Destroyer>Beast wrote:
Russo can actually come up with good ideas. However the problem with him is if you give him full control shit will happen.  WCW and TNA's problems where making him head writer. you need someone over him.
The guy still had garbage ideas. Remember Brawl For All? His shitty idea and that got through. The titles changing hands every few weeks, that was his idea as well. Yeah title changes made promotions money, but that's because they meant something.

Like Ian said he was the head of creative in TNA. And his stupidity got TNA where it is today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:28 am

A lot of other people can be blame for where TNA is today. Like I said he can come up with a few good ideas. I mean Russo always wanted to make sure everyone had a purpose and a gimmick (Even if it was shit) Number 1 thing to do is never make him head writer cause he can run wild with his BS stuff. Have someone over him to either say no or mold them into something that will work. In some of his worst ideas you can kinda see where he was trying to go with them, all he needs is someone to point the idea in the right direction. 9 times out of 10 you will most likely get some shit, but that 1 time you might get something that will be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:35 am

I think he's done enough damage as it is to pro wrestling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:48 am

Well if he was WWE creative, it would be a train wreck...but at least a watchable train wreck.

Turns out Nikki was a man all along

Katie Vick returns

Kevin Hart becomes WWE champion
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 am

I think you need to see the newer episodes of Jerry Springer cyclops
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:46 am

Man, Vince McMahon is just going to throw this letter into the garbage. NAH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show   Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show Empty

Back to top Go down

Vince Russo Writes Open Letter To WWE, Says He Wants To Like RAW, Offers Solution How To Fix The Show

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1