HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lord of the Rings tops poll of movie scores

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Lord of the Rings tops poll of movie scores Empty
PostSubject: Lord of the Rings tops poll of movie scores   Lord of the Rings tops poll of movie scores EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:45 pm

'The Lord of the Rings' has topped a poll of the nation's favourite movie score.

The soundtrack, which was created by Howard Shore, overcame stiff competition from the likes of John Williams' 'Star Wars' theme and Hans Zimmer's 'Gladiator' score to claim the accolade from Classic FM for the fifth year in succession.

Reflecting on this year's poll, Classic FM presenter John Suchet said: ''The growing interest in film music confirms that modern classical music is as popular with UK audiences as ever.

''And I'm delighted to see that my personal favourite - Gone with the Wind - has made the top 20.''

Williams, 82, has as many as four scores in the top ten list, including his work on 'Schindler's List', 'Jurassic Park' and 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone'.

Howard Shore, meanwhile, says he maintains a rigorous working schedule and feels uneasy when he isn't writing music.

He told the radio station: ''I write music every day and I have been doing that since I was a youngster.

''It doesn't feel like a day to me unless that pencil is moving on those pages and ideas are being formed.''
Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings tops poll of movie scores

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1