HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something all fans need to accept

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Something all fans need to accept Empty
PostSubject: Something all fans need to accept   Something all fans need to accept EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Not everyone will be WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I know a lot of you will understand that here, but this is mostly to people who are seeing big things for guys who most likely will never be WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Devitt, Kenta, Sami, list can go on. You can't have everyone win the world title is devalues the belt.

And that isn't a bad thing, you don't need to be a main eventer or world champion to be a star. A lot of legends and big stars back in the day never held the WWE title, but they became stars, became legends because how they where presented. You can be a mid card star, you can be a lower card star. Look at someone like Crash Holly, The guy was in the hardcore division and was more of a star then every mid card wrestler in today's WWE. He was never world champion but the fans who grew up around that era remember who Crash Holly was and the awesome shit he did in the hardcore division.

In todays WWE there are so many talent wrestlers that can be stars in the mid card. Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, Sandow, Tyson Kidd, the list can go on this one too. But WWE doesn't care. They don't have patience, they give up too easy and it reflects bad on HHH. Yes everything stops at Vince, but HHH did state that no NXT guy will be called up to the main roster if they didn't have long term plans for them and NXT is pretty much HHH's baby right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something all fans need to accept   Something all fans need to accept EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Crash Holly was a star?  NAH 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something all fans need to accept   Something all fans need to accept EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Holly was a fucking star, people loved Crash Holly and loved the shenanigans he would get into. People who saw his shit as a kid look back on it today and get a good chuckle of how awesome Crash Holly was. He wasn't a mega star, but a star he was tho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something all fans need to accept   Something all fans need to accept EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:59 pm

I completely agree with this, but WWE just has to rework how it handles it's midcarders. Today, they're just too often fodder for Main Eventers or they are thrust into the Main Event scene for a brief time and then fade right back out (Del Rio and Sheamus especially come to mind here). They don't last well as a Main Eventer because they just don't have that appeal with the fans that comes from being so well known. Back when I was young, you had the IC division and, in ways, it was better than the World title scene. Men like Razor Ramon, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels made names for themselves vying for it, two of them going on to be some of the biggest names in WWE's history.

I'm not sure why, but it seems like that's just gone from wrestling in general these days. I never really see a midcard title that's used to really develop the stars of such caliber to prepare them to move up to the main event and I think that's why the talent pool in companies seems to grow so stale from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Something all fans need to accept   Something all fans need to accept EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:39 pm

I think WWE did a really good job building up MVP in the midcard, Carlito comes to mind too for a brief period but overall they just don't put enough focus on these guys in the midcard and fail if they try them out in the main event, or just get tired of pushing them in the midcard. Guys like those definitely can have really good careers outside of the main event but these days it's almost like main event or fail for the WWE, and it results in a fail most of the time.

They never want to push superstars in the midcard for an extended period of time but the patience is what can create some mega-stars for them over time (even if as you said they never end up in the main event at all). The fans definitely also need to accept that as well rather than wanting guys in the main event that pretty much don't belong there at all or are being rushed there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Something all fans need to accept   Something all fans need to accept EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 6:18 pm

There's no main event and mid-card anymore. It's just the MAIN feuds, the one's WWE gives a shit about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something all fans need to accept   Something all fans need to accept EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 7:39 pm

I honestly see them pushing Steen to the World title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something all fans need to accept   Something all fans need to accept EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 8:17 pm

I honestly feel that if you've established a career for yourself outside of WWE, you should at least have a chance to succeed and get over on their own on the main roster instead of being stuck in developmental for years. Maybe be in NXT for half a year if you need to brush up on your skills but to stay down there forever?

If you flop, you flop. If you're a hit, then you should be pushed to the next level. No grudges, no keeping people down because of a company they came from. You came from TNA and was a star? Lets see if you can replicate that in WWE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something all fans need to accept   Something all fans need to accept Empty

Back to top Go down

Something all fans need to accept

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1