HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course? Empty
PostSubject: Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course?   Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Since this show was announced back in 2007, it showcased all title matches. Nothing more, nothing less, until 2010 where they started adding non title matches to the show. Granted some of them made sense and some of them didnt (like Punk/Big Show) and pretty much took away the concept of an all championship PPV. That being said, with the rumors of multiple non title matches being added this year, should they scrap the show and bring back something else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course?   Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 pm

I think both this and MITB PPV should both be scrapped. KOR should return and it's stupid they got rid of it. KOR was the royal rumble to Summerslam, having the winner face the champion in the main event for the title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course?   Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 5:06 pm

^ My thoughts exactly. I've never been a fan of the NoC concept, it's too restricting. MitB should go, too, especially since there's just one title now. I'd be fine with them moving the match to WrestleMania (or, if the Andre Battle Royal is sticking around, possibly SummerSlam). It'd be really cool to see a return of KotR, done with a bit more class and respect than those we've had over the past decade or so.
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course?   Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:24 pm

It just seems stupid as fuck, to me. It's not like TLC/HiaC where you can argue it adds to matches to get that stip (I mean those PPVs are still dumb as fuck, but wahtever), it just limits what can be booked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course?   Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:34 pm

most stip PPVS are stupid. Like Hell in The Cell, TLC and Fatal Four Way. Matches like those should be saved for big feuds, not happen once a year and have like 3 of them in one night
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course?   Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has the Night of Champions concept run it's course?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1