HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cliff Richard- allegations "of historic impropriety" are "completely false".

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Cliff Richard- allegations "of historic impropriety" are "completely false". Empty
PostSubject: Cliff Richard- allegations "of historic impropriety" are "completely false".   Cliff Richard- allegations "of historic impropriety" are "completely false". EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 11:09 am

Cliff Richard has said that allegations "of historic impropriety" are "completely false".

The statement comes as police search a property belonging to the singer in relation to the alleged sexual assault of a boy in the 1980s.

Officers from South Yorkshire Police are searching the property in Sunningdale, Berkshire, after receiving an allegation of a sexual nature dating back to the 1980s involving a boy who was under 16 at the time.

Nobody has been arrested and the owner was not present, police said.

Thames Valley Police confirmed that it had helped the South Yorkshire force with the execution of a search warrant at the address in Sunningdale, Berkshire.

The search is not connected to Scotland Yard's Operation Yewtree, launched in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal.

The 73-year-old singer is reported to be at a holiday home in Portugal.

In his statement Mr Richard, said he has been aware for many months of allegations against him of "historic impropriety which have been circulating online.

"The allegations are completely false."

"Up until now I have chosen not to dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen.

"However, the police attended my apartment in Berkshire today without notice, except it would appear to the press.

"I am not presently in the UK but it goes without saying that I will co-operate fully should the police wish to speak to me.

"Beyond stating that today's allegation is completely false it would not be appropriate to say anything further until the police investigation has concluded," the statement said.
Back to top Go down

Cliff Richard- allegations "of historic impropriety" are "completely false".

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1