HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jackie Chan Plays Down Rumors Of Rush Hour 4 and Drunken Master 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Jackie Chan Plays Down Rumors Of Rush Hour 4 and Drunken Master 3  Empty
PostSubject: Jackie Chan Plays Down Rumors Of Rush Hour 4 and Drunken Master 3    Jackie Chan Plays Down Rumors Of Rush Hour 4 and Drunken Master 3  EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:51 pm

IGN reports that during an interview with Jonathan Ross at the BFI's Century of Chinese Cinema event, Jackie Chan revealed that he doesn't want to make Rush Hour 4 or Drunken Master 3. He screened his new film Chinese Zodiac in London for the event, followed by a Q&A. 

On Drunken Master 3: "We've been talking about Drunken Master 3 for a long time but nobody can write the script. Drunken Master 1 I teach drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting and the audience liked it. Everybody ‘Ha, ha, ha.' But then I grew up and realised I'm wrong. I send out the wrong message. I have to make Part 2 to tell the audience ‘Don't drink! Don't fight!' I have to correct myself. All those years slowly correct everything. So what about Part 3? Part 2 I already tell people ‘Don't drink! Don't fight!' When I was making The Karate Kid, when Jaden Smith was training, I was sitting there, then I looked at myself and realised this is Drunken Master 3. Now I'm becoming the master. And Jaden becomes Jackie Chan. I believe after Drunken Master 2 – stop – better than we make no more. Unless we have a better script."

On Rush Hour 4: "Just like lately they want to make Rush Hour 4. I said ‘No, show me the script first. I don't need another Rush Hour 4. You need Rush Hour 4. Show me the script.' I don't want to do a rubbish script just because they want to make the movie.""

Chan recently finished work on Dragon Blade with Adrian Brody and is about to shoot The Karate Kid 2. Chinese Zodiac is on Blu-ray and DVD in the UK. The Chinese Cinema season runs until October 7 on the Southbank. 

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/331950/Jackie-Chan-Plays-Down-Rumors-Of-Rush-Hour-4-and-Drunken-Master-3.htm#hPl7LcJ7gP7EGcqQ.99
Back to top Go down

Jackie Chan Plays Down Rumors Of Rush Hour 4 and Drunken Master 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1