HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Courtney Love has 'lost about $27m'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Courtney Love has 'lost about $27m' Empty
PostSubject: Courtney Love has 'lost about $27m'   Courtney Love has 'lost about $27m' EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:33 am

Courtney Love has revealed she has lost ''about $27 million'' of ''Nirvana money'' during her career and life.

The wild rock chick - the widow of late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, who committed suicide in 1994 - has blown the enormous sum of cash on settling various lawsuits and living to excess.

Courtney accepts it is a ''lifetime of money'' but she has no regrets about spending the cash.

Speaking to Australian magazine Sunday Style - which is part of The Sunday Telegraph newspaper - she revealed: ''I lost about $27 million - I know that's a lifetime of money to most people, but I'm a big girl, it's rock 'n' roll, it's Nirvana money, I had to let it go.''

Despite her previous financial excesses, the 'Celebrity Skin' singer is adamant she is much more ''solvent'' now.

She added: ''I make enough to live on, I'm financially solvent, I focus on what I make now.''

The 50-year-old musician - who has a 21-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, from her marriage to Kurt - inherited the majority of Kurt's estate when he died and inherited part ownership of the publishing rights of Nirvana's back catalogue along with his former bandmates Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl.

In 2008, Courtney sold a portion of Nirvana's publishing rights for $19.5 million.
Back to top Go down

Courtney Love has 'lost about $27m'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1