HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? Empty
PostSubject: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:10 pm

well?
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Haven't they always? But here recently they've had a track record of pushing guys to the moon too soon, so I guess it works both ways.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Yes. They have done for like ten years.

The problem is in recent years, they've pushed people on the roster who were simply not ready or creative lacked the visions to see the gimmick wouldn't work ie. Adam Rose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:19 pm

The Adam Rose Character could have work, it's just Creative is stupid
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:22 pm

The character was never going anywhere. As soon as the first vignette was shown, I knew it would blow...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Señor Drächen wrote:
Haven't they always? But here recently they've had a track record of pushing guys to the moon too soon, so I guess it works both ways.
Everyone always forgets Brock "I Only Wrestled For Two Years" Lesnar...
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:45 pm

They only pushed him like that cause they saw him as the next Goldberg. They keep doing it now because Lesnar worked.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:47 pm

^And because he's currently the biggest PPV draw in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:41 pm

RyBull wrote:
The Adam Rose Character could have work, it's just Creative is stupid

It never got over, in order for a gimmick to work it has to catch on with the main audience. It never did. The only thing that caught on was his theme song. Raw/SD crowds arent the NXT crowds where they cheer and chant for everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:45 pm

You got to give him stuff to do to get him over. It's not just the character it's what the character can do and they have done jack shit for him to show what the character can do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:47 pm

His whole character is to stop people from being "lemons" and be "rosebuds". That's all his character is.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:53 pm

I said when I first seen it, I like the character, but the actor doesn't, and it's painfully obvious. He does not believe or understand the character and it hurts his performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:58 pm

That's what WWE turn it into, the character could have been a lot more.
A wild party animal with a different baby momma under his arm each week and helping other guys get hooked up because women just flock to him. and  everytime a heel diva tries to flirt with him he acts like Prince from the Chappelle show "Begone you bore me." He was meant to  fun character a character you want to party with.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Like I said before, this gimmick has a 3MB feel to it....it was going no where.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:02 pm

What more could it of done? If the overall character is a party animal, there's not much more that can actually be done with it. It's like Fandango with the dancing gimmick. It's a one trick pony.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Ian wrote:
I said when I first seen it, I like the character, but the actor doesn't, and it's painfully obvious. He does not believe or understand the character and it hurts his performance.

That. I said the same thing myself. He obviously doesn't "get" the character in the slightest and he's extremely painful to listen to.

And sorry Bull, but it's a lower mid-card gimmick that was clearly never designed to go anywhere. You can't turn that into a damn thing...his storylines are revolved around human lemons and giant bunnies. Hardly WrestleMania material, is it? xD

I honestly believe some fools backstage in WWE thought this would turn into a HBK type gimmick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Goofy gimmicks can potentially evolve into more if the initial interest is there and played properly. I use this example a bit too often, but John Cena started as a Vanilla Ice parody, and look at him now. Gimmicks tend to fade and warp over time, and a strong talent will find the best aspects of those gimmicks to carry into later phases of his career.

Rose wouldn't have worked, though, precisely for the reasons listed above me. There's an immediate curiosity that's piqued by his music and entrance, but so far I have yet to see any real capitalization on that curiosity by Ray Leppan or by WWE's booking. It's too bad, but it's really a case of the wrong gimmick on the wrong guy. At least Fandango feels like he's enjoying himself when he does stupid shit on TV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:34 pm

I just wanted it to work, it seem like it could have been something more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:40 pm

^ I think it could have on the right performer, and with a real clear booking plan. Unfortunately, Rose got neither of those things. Throw in the rumored sabotage by Kevin Dunn, and he had no chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:50 pm

He was doing the same schtick in NXT, with the party animal thing. The only reason why the gimmick was relevant in NXT is because the crowd there cares about everything. The main crowds never did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?   Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does WWE creative give up too easy on Talent?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1