HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heyman on Punk picking up MMA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Heyman on Punk picking up MMA Empty
PostSubject: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:06 pm

On Punk possibly fighting in MMA: "Punk has always had the opinion that at its core, when the cage door gets locked it's two really capable people punching each other in the face until one drops. Sometimes the skill level is overrated, and the ability to just fight comes into play. He's educated in MMA. He' a very serious student of the disciplines and he's become far more entrenched."

On transitioning from wrestling to MMA and vice-versa: "He's a fighter at heart. One of the things that makes it so interesting is he came into the wrestling world as a fighter who ended up performing, not a performer making a transition into the fighting world."

because I guess everything with a WWE name in it is "WWE news" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:11 pm

I dont see Punk actually doing MMA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:16 pm

Punk getting knocked out in the first round.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 9:42 pm

'tista is doing it, Lesnar's doing it, Brock possibly COULD re-sign with Dana White. Why not, Punk? It's the latest fad. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Batista had one fight 3 years ago. One. It was horrible. Brock stopped doing it because of his health issues.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:09 pm

It's not that hard to fight. Punk could easily win five quick fights over no-namers and get a UFC mega-fight deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:53 pm

^ in MMA anyone can win at any time. But the fact Punk is aging and lack of actual MMA experiences, I seriously doubt he could easily win 5 fights and get a UFC deal. I know you don't like MMA but don't undersell it like that.

And before you point out the fact Brock had lack of real MMA experience and became the champion, Brock is freak who hits like a small truck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:10 am

Ian wrote:
It's not that hard to fight. Punk could easily win five quick fights over no-namers and get a UFC mega-fight deal.

It's NOT that easy...
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:13 am

He'd probably do good in Bellator. He'd definitely help in the ratings department. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:38 am

There are about 300,000 fighters in the USA and about 100 of them are any good. Punk doesn't have to be good at MMA to strategically pick out poorly trained opponents and win a few fights. Punk has really strong connections in MMA and trains MMA and has for a long time.

What I'm suggesting has been done in boxing forever. It's what got Batista his first win before he decided to try acting instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:09 pm

^ so if gets those 5 wins against the jobber MMA guys and he gets signed to the UFC.

First fight he has with an actual legit MMA guy, he gets his ass kicked in the first round and his face gets turned into hamburger. Which I would love to see BTW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Ian wrote:
There are about 300,000 fighters in the USA and about 100 of them are any good. Punk doesn't have to be good at MMA to strategically pick out poorly trained opponents and win a few fights. Punk has really strong connections in MMA and trains MMA and has for a long time.

What I'm suggesting has been done in boxing forever. It's what got Batista his first win before he decided to try acting instead.

And anyone who watched Batista's fight saw how bad it was. Not because of the guy he was fighting, but because Batista had no experience in MMA whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 2:18 pm

RyBull wrote:
^ so if gets those 5 wins against the jobber MMA guys and he gets signed to the UFC.

First fight he has with an actual legit MMA guy, he gets his ass kicked in the first round and his face gets turned into hamburger. Which I would love to see BTW.

Yes. But he still probably makes a cool $1M+ from Dana.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Punk is not Batista. Punk has SOME background in MMA. He COULD get into it if he wanted to. He just needs proper training. With his connections in MMA, he can very-well get that training.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heyman on Punk picking up MMA   Heyman on Punk picking up MMA Empty

Back to top Go down

Heyman on Punk picking up MMA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1