HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th Empty
PostSubject: Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th   Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 5:30 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3306212/jason-voorhees-will-returning-new-friday-13th/

He’s back (the man behind the mask)! In what is sort of a no-brainer, Movieweb is reporting that while Derek Mears may not be reprising the role of Jason in the new Friday the 13th reboot, the character will definitely be returning to carve up some attractive 20 somethings.

This confirmation comes after Platinum Dunes producer Bradley Fuller was misquoted as saying a new bad guy would be introduced.

Movieweb spoke with Fuller in support of his TMNT reboot and the producer had this to say:

“It was a misquote. I had just said ‘I don’t know who would play Jason Voorhees. Because I don’t know what age he would be, or how we would use him. Are we clear about that? That was the original context of the question. ‘Is Derek Mears going to be playing Jason?’ I said , ‘I don’t know who the character is going to be, or at what point in his life we are going to be engaging in him with.’ Somehow that became, ‘He’s not going to be in the movie.’ But of course he’s going to be in the movie!”

The original misquote stated:

“I don’t know, because I don’t know if we’re going to have Jason. I don’t know which Jason we’re going to have. I can tell you this: I love Derek Mears, I love working with him and he’s a dream so we’d be lucky to have him.”

Friday the 13th is scheduled for release November 13th, 2015. Earlier last month, Fuller explained that he still didn’t know if they’re going 3D or taking the found footage route.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th   Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:25 am

"... don't know if they are.... taking the found footage route"

Friday The 13th found footage? Are you fucking serious? Way to date yourselves and be insanely unoriginal -- even with the fact you're making the ironic 13th film to feature him in.

Piss off with the found footage for already well established mythos like Jason, Freddy, Pinhead, Meyers, etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th   Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 1:46 pm

The found footage route for a film like this could work, if it's done the right way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th   Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th Empty

Back to top Go down

Jason Voorhees Will Be Returning in New Friday the 13th

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1