HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

(Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento  Empty
PostSubject: (Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento    (Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento  EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:44 pm

A Challenge Fit for a Hero!
Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento
RP Limit: 5000 words
Due Date: Wednesday August 28, 2013 11:59 CST (GMT - 6)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento    (Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:37 am

If I were a hero, what would my name be?

The thoughts rush through my mind as I sat backstage following the XWA Revenge live taping in Oklahoma. This place is far away from my home of Toronto, so I decided to bring my little nephew with me. He seems to be having the time of his life, playing around with the other wrestler’s children. Even though he attempted a powerbomb on E.G.’s family member. I think it had to do with my match that night against the giant wrestler.

“Unky? When are we leaving?”

His soft voice disrupted my inner discussion as he stands there rubbing his eyes. He has his favorite “Dave Demento” shirt on with a pair of ragged jeans on, just like his uncle. He has his sippy cup in one hand and my action figurine in the other. He impatiently awaits my answer as he sits down next to me on the locker room bench.

“When are we leaving Unky?”

He pulled on my shirt with his teeth as his hands remained full. Milk flies into his mouth as his eyes look as they are about to close on him. He is tired of waiting around for me to finish working for the night. This whole road schedule seems to take a toll on not only my body, but his. I pray every day that he doesn’t follow in my footsteps. This job could kill the future of this intelligent little boy.

“Jake. I have to go film something for the PPV soon. I’m sure E.G. will stay with you backstage. You can have a nap too.”

“Okies Unky”

It breaks my heart every time I have to leave him. It reminds me of my sister. He was never there for him, but I was. I, the wrestler competing around the world, decided to take care of this child. He looks up to me. I am his role model. And I am damn glad that he chooses me over his deadbeat father.

I got up from the bench, teeth marks on my shirt, and walk out the locker room door. I grab one of the free water bottles backstage and launch the water down my throat and into the bottomless pit known as my stomach. I have one destination to head to before I leave with my little buddy for the night, but how long will it take? I’m not sure on what I’m going to be doing actually. I reach the end of the hall as stage crews wave me over to them; they point me to a room with one of the productions directors and a camera. He sits me down on the chair facing the camera.

“Hey Dave. The PPV is coming up and you’ll be facing the returning Joe Tresda. We would like some short of “Shoot” from you on behalf of your match.”

My instructions were set, but what was I going to say? I can see the director’s finger going down onto the little red record button on top of the camera. I better not fuck up this promo. Welp, here we go. The record icon flashes on the camera as I’ve been giving the go ahead from the director.

Joe Tresda. How great is it to see you once again here in the XWA. A lot has changed since the last time you’ve been seen here. You, much like, the other big muscular guys here are being phased out. Wrestling as a whole is changing. I’m the next hero. I do expect you to be my Kryptonite, but I will overcome your power. Retaliation, exclusively on PPV, will be the night to remember as Dave Demento solidifies himself as the greatest hero in the XWA. I am the future, and if you have a problem with that Joe, prove me wrong. Pin me in that ring. One, two, three. Although, I have the fans behind me and we will beat you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento    (Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento  EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:31 pm

There’s a saying in wrestling that you should never go back. There’s a feeling that, if you’d been there before and never succeeded, you never would. Some say that regrets stop you from moving on and thoughts of ‘what if?’ flood your mind on a daily basis.

‘What if I could have won that title match? What would life be like now?’

For Joe Tresda, returning back into the promotion where he was number contender at one point for the two major titles in the business was a no brainer. When he left, there was a gaping hole in his life, that hole being success. Leaving XWA was one of the hardest decisions of Joe’s life and through doing this, he regretted every single moment of it. If he didn’t though, he would have lost more important parts of his life. His family, for example, were constantly nagging at Joe to leave the business and spend more time with them, but Joe’s drive for success led him astray from the people he cared about most. Maybe Joe leaving was important as to how he grew as a person and realised success wasn’t the only thing that had mattered in life. In the months after he left, he visited his mother and cousins from time to time, rekindling the relationships they once had before Joe became a professional wrestler. Even through leaving, however, he still had that passion to succeed and so he trained constantly for around 6 times a week, at 4 hours a time. Joe never thought he would have the chance to return to a promotion such as XWA and was elated at the chance, immediately accepting.

Will all the training pay off? Or will it just be a waste of time for a man driven by success? The return has begun…

----------------------------

Standing in the backstage of the American Airlines Centre in Dallas, Texas was all too familiar for the man named ‘The Technical Warrior’. Returning to these surroundings was ideal for the Utahan, who sorely missed the grandeur of performing in front of thousands of performers. After discussing the nights plans with the PPV bookings team, Joe walks towards the locker room where he would prepare for the match with a man known as Dave Demento. As he approaches the locker room, a rather large man carrying a XWA microphone and being followed with a cameraman. Joe rolls his eyes and stops to look at the man. It seems the camera is rolling at this point.

Joe: “And you are?”

Man: “My name? Oh, my name’s Ricky Wilbur, Sir. And I know all about you, Joe. I was wondering if I could have a few words before your match tonight with Dave Demento?”

This is what he signed up for after all; Joe sighs, and simply nods to Ricky.

Joe: “Sure.”

Ricky: “Okay. Uh, Mr Tresda, you are an absolute powerhouse, however, you haven’t wrestled in a long time. Do you think you have what it takes to take out a man such as Dave Demento?”

Joe: “Really, Ricky? Of course I have what it damn takes to beat him, what a dipshit question. I really don’t have time for this.”

Just as Joe goes to walk into the locker room, Ricky gets all flustered and puts an arm on Tresda’s shoulder. As soon as Ricky does this, Joe turns to the man who immediately gains a very red face. Immediately, Joe pins him up against the wall by his throat and stares right into Ricky’s eyes, and the man is clearly intimidated as he begins to break a sweat and is spluttering. Tresda speaks loudly enough for the microphone on the floor to pick up.

Tresda: “You ever lay a hand on me again, there will be massive repercussions. I’ll let you go this time, but next time I won’t let you off lightly. Run along.”

And with that Ricky runs away and the cameraman, who was clearly shaken by the experience, goes to follow him but Joe stops him by grabbing his arm.

Joe: “No. You stay, I’m not finished.”

Tresda picks up the microphone and looks into the camera with an intent stare.

Joe: “As for you Dave, don’t go thinking this will be an easy match for you, just because I haven’t wrestled in a while. If you do, you will be in for a massive shock and may even be on the end of an A.T.O. And if you don’t know what that is, you will after I’m done with you. You call yourself a hero, well I am the evil that you must destroy, the evil that will always fuck up your day, and I will stop at nothing until I am named the victor of this match tonight. I’m not interested in the one-two-three, Dave. I’m interested in submitting you until you pass out.”

And with the final words spoken, Joe thrusts the microphone into the cameraman’s hand and motions for him to walk away. The camera catches Joe walking into the locker room, and fades to black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento    (Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento  Empty

Back to top Go down

(Revenge) 3. Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1