HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Michaels "I got an itch"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

David Michaels "I got an itch" Empty
PostSubject: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 am

David Michaels "I got an itch" 23DMPromo_zps4ca90e25
Due: August 24th, 2013 at 11:59PM EDT (UTC -4 Hours)

David Michaels "I got an itch" FJBloTX
David Michaels "I got an itch" Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:43 am

After a quick commercial break, the show comes back to the ringside area where we are taken to Vendetta's announce team, Adam Dennis and Ted Cedar, where an interview is about to be conducted by the pair to one of the competitors from the night's next contest.

Cedar:
"Hello everybody and welcome back to Vendetta here from Atlanta, Georgia. And as you all saw last week, David Michaels return to the XWA came to an abrupt reality check when he lost to Evan Flare pretty much ensuring he is out of the running for the XWA World Heavyweight Championship. With that in mind, I now have the chance to ask David a few questions as he prepares for he next bout against Greg Samuel. David, can you here me?"

Dennis:
"This will be good..."

The crowd cheers as the shot goes to the locker room area, where we can see David Michaels sat on a steel chair, appearing to be alone in the room, with his foot up leaning on a second one adjust his knee pads. He appears to be in a pretty bad mood, as he angrily pulls the pad up and releases it, causing it to slap against his leg and also ignoring Cedar. Ted clears his throat off mic, before asking if David can hear him once more.

Cedar:
"...David? Can you hear me?"

David slams his foot on the floor and looks up at the camera several feet in front of him. He replies with a tone of voice with haven't heard in a long while from The Showstealer.

Michaels:
"You know damn well I can hear you..."

Cedar is a little taken back from Michaels snappy nature, as these two have been friends for years. Regardless, Ted continues on with his first question.

Cedar:
"...alright. Sorry if we interrupted you, David, but I just wanted to get your thoughts on your match last week with Evan Flare. Clearly it didn't go to plan, did it?"

Michaels' face visibly becomes more angered, as he leans back in the steel chair and begins to talk down the camera in his famous husky, southern voice.

Michaels:
"Well unless my plan was to lose the match, then no, I don't think it went according to plan Cedar."

Ted doesn't really know how to react to Michaels, who is clearly irritated that he lost the match last week. Still, he plods on with the interview.

Cedar:
"...well, erm, do you think this loss puts you out of the running for the World Title?"

Michaels:
"Well it hardly makes me the favourite, does it?! Of course it puts me out of the running. I was already behind due to the fact I was a match down. Now I just lost a point to the now leader, Evan Flare. So it'd take a damn miracle for me to come of this one with that belt."

Cedar:
"So you don't think you have any chance at all in this now?"

Michaels continues in his rather irritated and sarcastic tone towards Cedar...

Michaels:
"Are you deaf, Cedar? I just told you I don't have a chance in winning the thing any more. What the hell else do you want?"

Cedar:
"OK, well I'm sorry David. We'll onto toni..."

Dennis:
"...it's OK Cedar - I got it from here."

As Adam Dennis decides Ted's interview skills are not up to scratch and begins to take over, Michaels looks down from the camera and begins fiddling around putting his left boot on, strapping it up in temper. As he starts to hear the voice of Dennis, his eyes roll to the back of his head and huffs deeply.

Dennis:
"So Michaels. Tell me, why is it that you sucked so hard last week you lost to a long time rival? Are you losing your 'Showstealing touch'?"

Michaels suddenly shoots back into an upright seated position, looking down the camera.

Michaels:
"Listen, you little twerp. I've had enough of your dumbass burying me on commentary every chance you get for the past year. I a..."

Dennis:
"...bury you?! I speak only the words of truth, Michaels, and you sucked last week. Sucked!"

Michaels:
"Interrupt me once more and I'll make you suck the end of boot when I come out there in a few minutes!"

The crowd cheers as Dennis is finally put in his place and he slumps into the back of his seat. But it doesn't appear Michaels was doing it for the cheer from the crowd.

Michaels:
"The reason I lost last week was because...because I got an itch. I got a realllll big itch that needs soothing. You know what that is? I got an itch for the World Title. I got an itch for the main event. I got an itch to steal the show. I got an REAL BIG ITCH to start causing some chaos around here. You see what I intend on doing, starting tonight, is take this damn company back four years to when The Showstealer was the guy. I intend on taking this company back to when the flavour of the month was to raise hell. I intend on taking this company back to a time when being a DeGenerate wasn't in 'in thing' to do. I intend on taking this company back to a time when I didn't give a rat's ass about anybody but my damn self. So tonight, it all changes. Tonight is the birth of a Devolution in the XWA and let it be known to everybody on the roster - if I'm down and out from the World Title tournament...then I'm taking everyone with me."

The crowd are almost stunned by Michaels sudden outburst. This clearly isn't some sort of act - he means business.

Cedar:
"Well...clearly you're in no mood for talking David, so I'll leave you with one last question - can you beat a rejuvenated Greg Smauel here tonight?"

Michaels leans forward in his chair, finally finished putting his ring gear on. His serious face has cracked one bit all interview and doesn't look like changing.

Michaels:
"Greg Samuel. Our paths have yet to cross in this company and I've had little birdies tell me in my ear that you're on top of your game at the moment. So listen to me carefully. Tonight, don't take it personally. You're the just the wrong guy booked at the wrong time. It's just business...my business. Are you ready?"

Naturally, the crowd think he is aiming those last three words at them...but he isn't, for as Michaels is utter those words, he looks off camera and receives a reply.

???:
"Ready."

Michaels:
"Excuse me gentlemen. I have an itch to cure..."

Michaels then abruptly stands up and shoves the camera man out of the way, walking out of the locker with whomever that mysterious voice belongs to. The crowd cheer, but are left clueless as to what is running through the mind of Michaels. Even the commentary team are baffled.

Cedar:
"Well, I never expected that..."

Dennis:
"What the hell is his problem?"

Cedar:
"You're an ass, do you know that? He did not suck in the ring last week..."

Dennis:
"Of course he didn't, but it got him all fired up didn't it?"

Cedar:
"You'll be lucky if he doesn't come out here and kick your teeth out!"

Dennis:
"Humbug."

The music hits the arena of The Showstealer, to the cheers of the fans. This next match up is set to be a cracker.

Cedar:
"Well ladies and gentlemen, as we await the arrival of the new attitude lined David Michaels, we'll be right back for the contest between David Michaels and Greg Samuel...right after this!"

Dennis:
"This guy has issues..."

The show cuts to a quick commercial break, before the opening bell.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 am

This was brilliant. Indifferent

Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:05 pm

"So listen to me carefully. Tonight, don't take it personally. You're the just the wrong guy booked at the wrong time. It's just business...my business."
Amazing line.

And I agree with Ian... This was great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:59 pm

The heel turn seems sudden, but I guess that was its goal, and you got me intrigued to find out who ??? is.

Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 pm

^ I wouldn't classify this as a heel turn. In my segment, I'm about to have a shit-ton of attitude too, but not turning heel by any means.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Yeah I wouldn't call this a heel turn, Michaels has always been edging the heel/face line with stuff like this. It's a part of his character IMO

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:20 pm

That was an awesome promo. To me it seemed like one if those old school backstage interview promos with the whole "itch" theme being kept up throughout. Absolutely awesome work.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:17 am

Wow, thanks guys. Didn't expect such positive feedback. Much appreciated. Smile

And to clarify, this isn't a heel turn. Merely a way for DM snapping into a former attitude after losing last week - he isn't "happy-go-lucky" any more.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Awesome promo! Even better considering David's staying face, leads away from the generic face and heel type.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Michaels "I got an itch"   David Michaels "I got an itch" Empty

Back to top Go down

David Michaels "I got an itch"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1