HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

X Factor asks for universal rights?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

X Factor asks for universal rights? Empty
PostSubject: X Factor asks for universal rights?   X Factor asks for universal rights? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Simon Cowell and 'The X Factor' are making contestants sign away personal rights on all forms of media ''throughout the universe''.

The media mogul's popular reality show has reportedly issued a contract to hopefuls for the next series, which includes them allowing the brand to use their likeness on platforms that haven't even been invented yet.

A source told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: ''This is extreme by anyone's standards. Is it necessary to cover all media - including forms that don't exist - in the universe?

''Are they likely to get requests from outside Earth?''

According to reports, the audition release form requires the contestants to allow their audition tape to be ''exploited ... throughout the universe ... in all media whether now known or hereafter invented''.

Meanwhile, they must relinquish all copyright, while another clause relates to limiting gossip about certain stars.

As well as head judge Simon, hopefuls will also be bound by a gagging clause to stop them talking about his co-stars Cheryl Cole, Mel B or Louis Walsh.

The clause also protects hosts Dermot O'Leary and Sarah Jane Crawford, Syco and ITV.
Back to top Go down

X Factor asks for universal rights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: X Factor asks for universal rights?   X Factor asks for universal rights? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:51 pm

So basically Simon Cowell will own you and all your future comments on social media that you may not have even signed up to yet. Err no thanks ... I like my privacy and the rights to my stuff
Back to top Go down

X Factor asks for universal rights?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1