HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More Empty
PostSubject: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 am

Smith Hart, uncle of WWE diva Natalya Neidhart and member of the legendary Hart family dynasty, has published a new column at PWMania.com. Hart speaks about WWE’s babyfaces and heels in 2014, internet wrestling fans, John Cena heel turn and more. Here are some excerpts from his entry:

“This is a topic I have wanted to touch upon for quite some time. The division between faces and heels and what that means in 2014 is a question not easily answered any more by even the veterans of the business.

Internet wrestling fans today have warped the traditional definitions of face and heel by booing what a babyface is and cheering the villains. This is never more evident than with the polar…izing effect of WWE’s top superstar John Cena.

The “smart” fans that think they understand the fundamentals of our business better than those that work it consider John a lousy worker, despite the fact that nearly everyone who works within the business considers him to be one of the best workers in the business ever. Thus he is booed mercilessly. Yet I tend to wonder if the proposed heel turn of John Cena were to ever occur would that demographic of fans alternatively begin to cheer John Cena.”

Smith Hart also goes in-depth and talks about the nWo, Steve Austin, Bret Hart and more. You can read Hart’s column, “The Hart Grapevine” in its entirety at this link.

http://www.pwmania.com/the-hart-grapevine-wwe-babyfaces-heels-in-2014
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:12 am

"despite the fact that nearly everyone who works within the business considers him to be one of the best workers in the business ever."

I think this is probably a bit more praise than he deserves, but John is a top 10 performer in the WWE. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Can't argue with him, can you Dead? I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:38 pm

To be fair, people started cheering heels long before the internet...look at the nWo, Ric Flair and Stone Cold, for example.

Could throw Shawn and HHH into that as well back in 97.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Batman wrote:
Can't argue with him, can you Dead? I aint bothered

He's crying that people are cheering and booing who they want to. It's funny how the only people who consider him to be a good wrestler are people like Smith Hart and WWE/Cena marks.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:02 pm

That's a stupid response. You literally said the only people that like Cena are "people like Smith Hart" and...

Cena marks

Of course people that like Cena think Cena is good. You're not really saying anything about people that like Cena tho.

Steve Austin - "Cena can have a great match with anybody, but he needs somebody who can bring it out of him."

Daniel Bryan - "There's a sense that people question his wrestling ability and I don't think that's accurate. If you look at the matches he's put on, he's been part of great matches. Even his match with Mark Henry at Money in the Bank was a fantastic match. You know, people are saying he's not this great wrestler, but for someone who's not a great wrestler he's sure had some great matches! I don't think that's a fair assessment of him."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:23 pm

you can say what you want, argue until you are blue in the face. People will cheer and boo who they want to cheer or boo and some will never like Cena.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Cena's had too many matches for the argument that he can't wrestle to make any sense. It's true he works with a pretty limited moveset, but he generally makes do with mostly punches. Given his gimmick, a more street fighting styles makes a lot of sense. It'd look weird to have him wrestle like Kurt Angle or something.

My issue with him has been more about his personality and they way he presents himself. When he decides to be serious he can get me excited for a match, but nine times out of ten he's too jokey and not funny for me to give a shit about the match when it comes along. A lot of the time I'll be won over mid-match, but for someone at his level I should feel invested going in. That's why I dislike Cena, but I have the same problem with The Rock, so...

I think when people say he can't wrestle they're just confusing his role or criticizing his style, which isn't really fair. There's plenty to dislike about Cena, and he's far from perfect in the ring, but he has more good matches than he does bad ones. Hell, the guy has had decent matches with guys like Khali, which is pretty damn impressive.

That being said, when Stu says "worker" I feel like he's talking more about Cena's attitude and ability to work consistently under a lot of pressure and for many, many hours. In that respect it's not hard to see why he'd call him one of the best ever. Even in the Attitude Era you never really saw guys who worked as many hours out of the week as Cena, and certainly not for as long as he has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Ian wrote:
That's a stupid response. You literally said the only people that like Cena are "people like Smith Hart" and...

Cena marks

Of course people that like Cena think Cena is good. You're not really saying anything about people that like Cena tho.

Steve Austin - "Cena can have a great match with anybody, but he needs somebody who can bring it out of him."

Daniel Bryan - "There's a sense that people question his wrestling ability and I don't think that's accurate. If you look at the matches he's put on, he's been part of great matches. Even his match with Mark Henry at Money in the Bank was a fantastic match. You know, people are saying he's not this great wrestler, but for someone who's not a great wrestler he's sure had some great matches! I don't think that's a fair assessment of him."

And Austin is right 100% in his assessment of Cena needing someone to have a great match with. Guys like Cesaro, Punk, Bryan. Ive never seen a Cena match where he was the one making the other guy look good. 

As far as saying he can have great matches with Khali....it's literally impossible to get something out of Khali.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:14 pm

He's not a great wrestler but he's good. He's not Daniel Bryan or Cesaro or CM Punk (and I could go on). I think most people that like him wouldn't make that claim. I just think he's good. Like a 7.5 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Funny how Dead completely ignored Daniel Bryan's quote. Just like him to pick and choose. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More   Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More Empty

Back to top Go down

Smith Hart Comments on Internet Wrestling Fans, a Possible John Cena Heel Turn & More

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1