HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bret Hart Talks Montreal Screwjob, Return to WWE, Burying the Hatchet w/ Shawn Michaels, Iron Man Match & More

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Bret Hart Talks Montreal Screwjob, Return to WWE, Burying the Hatchet w/ Shawn Michaels, Iron Man Match & More Empty
PostSubject: Bret Hart Talks Montreal Screwjob, Return to WWE, Burying the Hatchet w/ Shawn Michaels, Iron Man Match & More   Bret Hart Talks Montreal Screwjob, Return to WWE, Burying the Hatchet w/ Shawn Michaels, Iron Man Match & More EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 am

Ryan Rider interviewed Wrestling Legend Bret “the Hitman” Hart earlier this week. The interview can be downloaded at www.WebSportsMedia.com. Here are some of the highlights:

The 1997 Screwjob:

In hindsight, I really wish the whole thing had never happened. It was a lousy way for me to leave the company after being so lucky to be the champion and to have such a great history there. It never was the same after that day. If I could go back I don’t know what I can change to make it go differently. I know that I followed my heart through that whole process. I still believe that I was on the side of the right and did the right things that day. But I do wish that it never had happened and that I could have worked something out beforehand that could have been more productive for everybody.

Coming back to WWE:

I have way more great memories than I do bad. We had a great 14 years. We had that bad fall-out at the end, which I’m still sensitive about to this day. I suffered a stroke in 2002 that made everything else in my life that happened to that point pale in comparison. It was in the first few hours after I had a stroke that Vince [McMahon] gave me a call. Things were not good between us when that happened. He gave me a big pep talk in the hospital when I suffered my stroke. He talked about improving our relationship and doing things together down the road. I always wanted to be recognized and remembered for what I contributed to the company. He assured me that that would always be the case; to protect my reputation as far as what I accomplished there. Within the first few minutes we cleared so much off of the table. His words were that I was a fighter and that I would get back and get better. As I’ve got better over the years and recovered, I remember those dark hours and I’m greatful for that call. That softened things up for Vince and I and eventually I thumped him at Wrestlemania to write a better ending for us.

The Iron Man match with Shawn Michaels:

I am eager to raise the bar. I still think that for an hour match of any kind, no wrestlers have upstaged that match. Probably the hardest pro wrestling match any two wrestlers have ever had. Shawn was a great wrestler and a great athlete. That day when we had that match we were hell-bent on showing that you didn’t have to be a 300-pound steroid freak to make wrestling popular again. I take a lot of pride in the direction that wrestling went.

Burying the hatchet with HBK:

I found a great relief from forgiveness. Forgiving the whole thing and making peace with it and moving on. What a therapy for me, I felt a million pounds come off my back when that was over. I think Shawn Michaels was carrying a lot of grief and he felt really lousy for his role in everything. How he screwed me over and how he looked that day, it bothered Shawn for a long time. When we made that truce and hugged on Raw, I can see that grief that he carried for so long was all lifted. I realized a few months later what a good thing that was for us. I recommend that to anybody out there who has issues where they can’t forgive someone, try to forgive; it’s really good for your soul.
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

Bret Hart Talks Montreal Screwjob, Return to WWE, Burying the Hatchet w/ Shawn Michaels, Iron Man Match & More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Hart Talks Montreal Screwjob, Return to WWE, Burying the Hatchet w/ Shawn Michaels, Iron Man Match & More   Bret Hart Talks Montreal Screwjob, Return to WWE, Burying the Hatchet w/ Shawn Michaels, Iron Man Match & More EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 11:27 am

I expected another generic interview with Bret Hart, and what I got was punched right in the smarky feels repeatedly. Damn, man.[/emotional]

I never heard about Vince calling him up after he had his stroke. Just... damn. Feels. lol

It's good to hear that all of that nonsense is just water under the bridge now. Maybe I can forgive Bret a little for having less emotion than a potato during his NXT Takeover appearance. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf

Bret Hart Talks Montreal Screwjob, Return to WWE, Burying the Hatchet w/ Shawn Michaels, Iron Man Match & More

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1