HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gasol ready for 'new chapter,' will join Bulls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Gasol ready for 'new chapter,' will join Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Gasol ready for 'new chapter,' will join Bulls   Gasol ready for 'new chapter,' will join Bulls EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 6:17 pm

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11207844/pau-gasol-tweets-joining-chicago-bulls

Free-agent forward Pau Gasol will be joining the Chicago Bulls, he tweeted Saturday.

Pau Gasol        ✔ @paugasol
Follow
It hasn't been easy. After meditating it a lot I've chosen to play with the Chicago Bulls. Looking forward to this new chapter of my career
5:31 PM - 12 Jul 2014

Gasol spent the past six seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Prior to Friday, the Lakers offered Gasol two deals: two years worth $23 million, and three years worth $29 million, a league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin. Gasol turned down both offers, according to the source.

The Lakers and Bulls had been in talks about a sign-and-trade deal for Gasol, but sources said those discussions failed.

The Bulls will need to make some roster moves to make this deal official, likely amnestying Carlos Boozer and the final year of his deal which pays him $16.8 million.

Chicago is still in talks to sign 2011 first-round pick Nikola Mirotic to a deal and will need cap space for that as well.

Hampered by injuries last season, including a bout of vertigo, Gasol played in 60 games and averaged a career-low 31.4 minutes per game. Despite the lessened time on the court, he still averaged 17.4 points, 9.7 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game for the Lakers.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

Gasol ready for 'new chapter,' will join Bulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gasol ready for 'new chapter,' will join Bulls   Gasol ready for 'new chapter,' will join Bulls EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Pau & Noah will be interesting... both big men that like to pass. I think it's a good fit though because Pau can stay away from the basket a little bit more where I think he's better and Noah can continue playing a little bit in his Point-Center role (that he did well with last season) and feasting on the boards. I aint bothered

The only questionable thing to me is if the two of them will work well with Rose too.

Gasol ready for 'new chapter,' will join Bulls

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1