HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE Announces Signing of Kenta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

WWE Announces Signing of Kenta Empty
PostSubject: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:59 pm

The following is a press release from WWE:

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE today announced it has signed Kenta, one of Japan’s biggest stars, to its NXT division. The announcement took place during a signing ceremony at a WWE Live Event in Osaka, Japan with WWE icon and Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan presiding.

Kenta’s intense and straightforward in-ring style has led to his success in Japan, as well as during visits to the U.S. He is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Kenta is an incredible performer who brings the crowd to its feet when he steps into the ring,” said Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Creative and Live Events, WWE. “WWE’s signing of Kenta reflects our continued dedication to creating a diverse roster that appeals to our global fan base.”

“I am humbled to join WWE’s NXT division and look forward to honing my craft with the global leader in sports-entertainment,” said Kenta.

Kenta will relocate to Orlando, Florida, where he will train at WWE’s state-of-the-art Performance Center to enhance his talents both athletically and creatively.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Awesome. Really hope WWE doesn't fuck this one over. He's 33 so he's not that old, he can be a big player for at least 10 years if done right.
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 5:41 pm

Interesting... I can't help but wonder how he'll do with all his moveset basically deployed out to the roster already.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Isn't he like 5'7? Indifferent

I assume he's being signed so the NXT guys can get the experience of working the Japanese style. I don't think the WWE is planning to do anything of real significance with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 6:26 pm

I dunno, i dont think they'd waste KENTA on getting people to work the japanese style. They just released Yoshi Tatsu (who probably remembers that style after being in WWE for so long) so i dont think that's the reason he was signed.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm just saying... Don't expect him to be a main eventer and you'll probably be happier Funny
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 7:10 pm

I agree w/ Ian.
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Ozzy wrote:
Interesting... I can't help but wonder how he'll do with all his moveset basically deployed out to the roster already.

He only really has two moves he can't use, he still has dozens he could use. Punk, Ceasro, Harper, Bryan and Kalisto all use finishers they didn't use in the indies(Bryan used the yes lock a few times but not often), so it's not like it's a rarity.

Considering they gave him a press conference and had Hogan sign him, idk why people would think he's just there to train people. Especially given that training WWE guys to work the Japanese style is the exact opposite of what they'd do. I'm not expecting him to win the world title, but I can't see him being a trainer or just hanging around NXT forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:26 pm

Ian wrote:
I'm just saying... Don't expect him to be a main eventer and you'll probably be happier Funny

I never said i was lol. If the brand split still existed then for sure he'd probably get a World Title run. I just see him doing more than being in NXT.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:46 pm

I definitely don't expect him to be a main eventer, however I can't see him being a Yoshi Tatsu either. He's wayyyy too popular/known.
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Yeah That He'll bring a lot of fans with him. I'm really excited for this. I don't watch the indie/Japanese anymore but when I did I was a big fan of KENTA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Announces Signing of Kenta   WWE Announces Signing of Kenta Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Announces Signing of Kenta

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1