HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] Empty
PostSubject: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 am

UFC star Rashad Evans is reportedly interested in a future with WWE and has recently inquired about a possible job with the company.

Evans is currently recovering from major knee surgery and has talked about retiring even before the surgery. Rashad’s name has been mentioned for a number of years as one of the fighters interested in a post-MMA career with WWE.

(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/top-ufc-fighter-reportedly-inquires-about-job-with-wwe#ixzz372McG4tr
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:51 am

Rashad vs. Brosk Lesnar just because I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:06 am

5'11", 205? Bad knees?

I think WWE passes. TNA would take you though, Rashad.

Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] FJBloTX
Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Carson
Jobber
Nicholas Carson

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:27 am

Rashad could easily be a manager type, possibly for Brock Lesnar. Kind of like how Virgil was for the Million Dollar Man, except Evans would be more bad ass. Rashad has charisma and could also be put into temporary GM roles or color commentary. He could wrestle here and there, mainly squash matches Id' say, which would be less harsh on his knees. I think even he knows he can not be a wrestler full time. There's also simple stuff like Raw guest host and special referee slots he could do.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:35 am

Rashad Evans' salary demand, I think, would be way more than what a manager would justify.

Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:07 am

If he can get himself into fighting shape, to be honest, I think this could and would be pretty fucking badass. I haven't watched MMA in a few years now, but I remember Rashad Evans being an absolute beast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:33 pm

i think Chael is a better suit especially now that UFC even banned him from the news desk for his TRT.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 4:24 pm

We noted earlier this week that UFC star Rashad Evans recently inquired about a pro wrestling career with WWE. It's not known if Evans directly spoke with someone at WWE but he was talking to people in the wrestling business this past weekend about the idea of getting involved. Rashad recently commented to MMA Mania about the rumors:

"If I ever did anything like that, it would be after I finished fighting, and I’m not gonna (sic) be done fighting for at least four years. I had a million people asking me if I was retiring for wrestling, but honestly speaking, if I didn’t get seriously paid to do it I wouldn’t do it. I think it would be disrespectful to my legacy in the UFC if I didn’t do a deal that would make sense where I got paid! Besides, that shit is harder on my body than fighting."

MMA stars Chael Sonnen, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir and Shayna Baszler have all tried to open talks with WWE in recent years and at one point there were very vague ideas suggested for Baszler. It's said that Vince McMahon is leery about using former MMA stars because they are used to huge payoffs and he doesn't think they would be able to deal with WWE's schedule. Years ago, Vince really wanted to sign Bob Sapp but their negotiations failed due to money and scheduling issues.

Regarding Sonnen possibly working with WWE, there may have been some interest in having him come in to work as an announcer but that likely won't be happening now due multiple failed drug tests and the controversy that goes with Sonnen's name.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 4:52 pm

CyanideHarvey wrote:
i think Chael is a better suit especially now that UFC even banned him from the news desk for his TRT.

Yes. Chael has main event heel written all fucking over him.

... If he can avoid pissing off the entire locker room.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 5:01 pm

They wont sign Chael solely based on his constant failed drug tests. If he wouldnt get clean in UFC he wouldnt in WWE.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Uhhh hate to argue with you there... but why would he do roids in the WWE? They're not going to help him win anything...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:00 am

Dead wrote:
They wont sign Chael solely based on his constant failed drug tests. If he wouldnt get clean in UFC he wouldnt in WWE.

WWE thinks Testosterone is testosterone, its not.
They would have to make an exemption(or at least set up studies), and if you have seen his retirement speech, watch that shit. He used it so he could have a child. hes not gonna be on TRT(or similar drugs) forever.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:46 am

206 lbs, 6'1, 37 years old. I think there is a different reason Chael won't ever make it in the business. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 9:18 am

Age doesnt matter. Titus O'Neil was called up to the main roster just a few years ago and he's nearly 40
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:11 am

Titus O'Neil is also huge and friends with Batista. I think the point was that Chael isn't just older, but also not very big by WWE standards.

Personally, I just don't think WWE will be interested in any MMA performer unless they do something to really blow them away. There've been numerous fighters who said something about going to WWE, or were in talks, but they're used to too much money and too many days off for WWE to ever see it as a good investment. An exception might be if they're a huge name, but even then it seems like a slim chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]   Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE  [Update] Empty

Back to top Go down

Top UFC Fighter Reportedly Inquires About Job With WWE [Update]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1