HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vendetta #84 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

Vendetta #84 Grades Empty
PostSubject: Vendetta #84 Grades   Vendetta #84 Grades EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:19 am

Singles
Nicholas Carson vs. Jason Angel vs. Conan Royal

Verdict: Triple no-show here. After three strikes, both Nicholas Carson and Jason Angel have been released from their contracts at XWA. They may sign up again, but if they no show after that sign up, they will be barred from signing up for a few months.

Last edited by Kani on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #84 Grades   Vendetta #84 Grades EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:20 am

IC Tournament Match
Rellim vs. C5 Ion
Grader: Kani

Rellim: Nice, simple match here. Your description could have been better throughout, but it wasn't bad. I would have liked to have seen more of it, though. Your selling wasn't too bad either, but I think it suffered from the lack of description a little bit. Your action was alright, though, and I liked your finish with the brass knuckles. The only thing I'd really pull you up on is adding a little more flesh to the match.

C5 Ion: Before I start, I'll say that I like the way you present your matches, as far as your layout is concerned. Now, onto the match. Another simple match here, you kept it short and sweet. I feel like where Rellim lacked description, you had way too much for the Monkey Flip. I'd reign it in a bit, and just call it a Monkey Flip. Again, the same goes for the finish. If you'd have had more action, then just finish with a roll up, that would have been better than going into graphic detail about it.

Verdict: I'm going to give this one to Rellim, because his match had more action in the amount he wrote. C5, I think your biggest detriment was spending too long describing moves that were happening, where you would have benefited from having more action in there. Keep at it, you two. Smile

Last edited by Kani on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #84 Grades   Vendetta #84 Grades EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:20 am

Singles
James Carlisle vs. Dereck Walter

Verdict: Dereck Walker has no showed, unfortunately. Therefore, the winner of this match is James Carlisle! If you would like some feedback for your match, don't hesitate to message me.

Last edited by Kani on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

Singles
Kahlan vs. Candice Love
"Grader": Kani

Verdict: Kahlan wins.

Last edited by Kani on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

IC Tournament Match
Drake Dysfunction vs. Akira Kobayashi

Verdict: Nate has no showed, unfortunately, and has expressed his intention to stop fedding. It's sad to see you go, Nate, and I hope you come back and join us again when you're feeling better. Akira Kobayashi wins! If you would like some feedback, don't hesitate to contact me.

Last edited by Kani on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #84 Grades   Vendetta #84 Grades EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:21 am

Singles
David Michaels vs. Travis Levitt
Grader: Ian

Michaels: You have a lot of things going on. You have the DC element, you have Nova, you have the ongoing feud with Hitman Alex. There are so many sublevels to this. Realism was hurt a little bit when you said the fans couldn't believe someone kicked out of a fameasser. Really good back and forth action, solid build, and some funny moments on commentary. I enjoyed the finish as much as I could, I suppose. If you've ever heard the Jim Cornette Guest Booker, he says 'you can fuck with terry's shit,' meaning that you could book things for Terry Funk that wouldn't work for most people and it would work for him because he's Terry Funk. I feel that way about Michaels. It's a bit cartoonish and predictable, but it works because it's David Michaels. Overall, a good effort from you. "I once a diva" - DC Hennig

Levitt: Really great action from you, and I thought your 'selling'/description was superb as well. There are so many similarities in the finishes you both wrote. The fireball missing it's intended target, aiding the writer's cause. Hitman Alex coming out. The one difference being you involved the D-Volution gang, having Nova cost Michaels the match.

Verdict: There's not really much to pick from. Both matches had really good action, a logical build, and a logical finish. I thought both of you wrote excellently. Both incorporated Hitman Alex (good) but in a way that sort of ties Levitt in the short-term into their struggle (???) As far as characterization goes, I'd give a slight edge to Michaels, although again, you both were good there. I'm going to give a very slight victory to David Michaels on a slight better representation of characters and an overall slightly more exciting match. Again, there was very little to separate you two, but I have to pick a winner.

Last edited by Kani on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #84 Grades   Vendetta #84 Grades EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:21 am

IC Tournament Match
The Pirate vs. Rob Chapman

Pirate: Your action and description are fantastic. Such a crisp flow. You worked the relationship between the serious Chapman and not-so-serious Pirate in a different way. The concussion knocking him out of the personality, only for two more pirates to join him at ring side and ultimately help him win was pretty odd to me. I thought each were well done, probably the concussion angle more so, but why do both things in one week? It seemed like a little too much going on to me.

Chapman: I knew ahead of time what you were going for as far as the story you were going to present about Chapman and Pirate in ring. "Santino in the Elimination Chamber." I thought you did a really good job of capturing that. You had a few really cool spots. "The Pirate hoists Chapman up by the arms in a Flapjack-esque manner, seeking to end the former 2WWF Champion with his finishing Facebuster, but as Chapman reaches the height of his opponent's chest, he suddenly wraps both legs around the midsection of The Pirate, ducking his head down and slipping free of the Full Nelson to swing his upper body between his opponent's legs, sliding beneath and pulling The Pirate's legs out from under him to lock in an Inverted Boston Crab!" is one passage, specifically, that stood out to me. I thought you blended ingenuity in with quality action throughout and used quality description. The finish to me was just what the match needed. The harsh contrast of the comedy character making almost a comic book run at glory only to be choked out in the end was poetic. Very few matches I've read in the year I've spent as GM were as well thought out or executed as this.

Verdict: Even putting to side my opinion that Lawson tried to do a little too much with his character at one time, I think Rob Chapman had the better match. Both were quality efforts, but Chapman's was special to me.

Last edited by Kani on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

IC Tournament Match
Mack vs. Greg Samuel
Grader: Riley

Greg: Loved the Opening start to your match with the Referee patting down Mack. I thought it was hilarious. it was pretty cool of you to also tie up last weeks events to this week and how it may effect or take a toll on both wrestlers. The Start to your match was really interesting to say the least. "Both Men lock up in a Collar and Elbow tie-up before Mack pulls Greg into a Side Headlock, Then before Greg can counter Mack pulls him down with a Side Headlock Takedown." - Very good Chain Wrestling here. The Part where you described how Greg executed the Shining Wizard was also perfecto. As well as Mack selling the Kick whilst he holds his head. The Ending portion of your match I thought was done very well. Mack looked to put away Greg with a Shooting Star DDT but Greg reverses and counters the move to the Fatal Attraction." Overall I thought you did well in The Action department and kept the flow of the match going throughout. Not having it drop at any point of your match.

Mack: Nice how you had a Story telling here. Describing how both men's careers have been polar opposites. "With Mack catching Greg's foot, he applies The Ankle Lock while Greg remains on the ropes." I thought was pretty epic to say the least. Although it doesn't count much in terms of your match, The Description of The Crowds Internal reaction when Greg delivers the knife edge chops to Mack's chest was something cool. It gave me that vivid picture in my mind when Ric Flair is doing the Chops and how the Crowd is with it. Your match throughout was very fluid to much as Greg's match and I felt there was no lag in Action.

Verdict: Before I say who is the victor, I would just like to say that it was fun reading both of these matches. Sure, it maybe Midnight and I'm trying to get this out before Morning so that I don't hold the Show back, but I really did enjoy reading both Gregs and Macks matches and in the end, neither men should be upset because I believe they both did really well. Now onto the results, This one was pretty much a close one to me. Both had great Action and Storytelling going on as well as keeping the Crowd/ Fans into the match. I felt as of Greg Samuel just had the better overall match. I thought he did a good job on making the match have that special type of feel to whereas Mack didn't.

Last edited by Kani on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

Singles
Danny Diamond vs. Hitman Alex
Grader: Kani

Danny Diamond: Your match was good, Snoopz. I liked the swiftness of Danny Diamond in the beginning, then leading to the more methodical, attrition-based tactics of Hitman Alex. It really showed a good dichotomy in the early going. Though, I feel perhaps a little bit more from Danny Diamond building towards Hitman just finally having enough and taking him down with something, wouldn't have gone amiss. Not that it'll take away from the grading, of course, just a little point I thought of. You built your match well, and your description was pretty good throughout. Your action was good, too, I enjoyed reading the match and moments like the hurricanrana to the floor outside followed by the suicide dive were good to keep me hooked into the match. Nice moment with the slingshot DDT over the barricade, as well. I do feel like you should have made Diamond sell it, though. I feel like a hard impact with the floor would have at least winded him. The moment where Diamond kicks the steel post was good, too. I could go on and on about the moments in the match, as there were plenty and they all helped the match along nicely. The finish was alright. I would have liked to have seen Hitman maybe go down with more of a fight, rather than passing out to the hold.

Hitman Alex: Now, for our champion. Again, I enjoyed your opening, with the little exchange you had there. I was initially confused when you said Diamond threw Hitman up into the air. I pictured him just tossing him up like he was made of cardboard. But it made sense when I read on, so that's fine. "Danny lands right on top of the top turnbuckle as he might of hurt his junk." For some reason, I just started giggling at that. I guess I just didn't expect to see it. I feel like some of your description could have been better, like taking more time with it rather than incorporating many elements into one sentence, but it wasn't bad by any stretch. Lots of near falls in this match, which was good to see from the competitive standpoint, and you used it effectively in showing that Danny has a lot of heart in that classic face way. Much like Danny Diamond's match, I enjoyed reading this, and you had some good moments throughout. I really liked your finish, though, and I feel like you did better in that respect at least as far as the action is concerned. The Hope interference was a nice way to reference the growing tension between Diamond and Hope, though I feel like Alex should have sold the Sudden Death more than he did. Still, a good match.

Verdict: I really enjoyed both of these matches. Both had their merits, both had their detriments, but in the end I think I'm going to give it to Danny Diamond. I feel that Snoopz's match flowed a little better than iLike's, and in comparison, read a bit better. It was a close one, though, as both matches were very good, and had plenty in them to keep me entertained. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. Solid effort by both of you.

Last edited by Kani on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #84 Grades   Vendetta #84 Grades EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:22 am

Triple Threat Tag Team Match
XWA Tag Team Championships
The Logging Crew vs. The Hopeful (Cerberus and Azrael) vs. The Knockout Kings(C)

The Logging Crew: Not a lot of fluff. I like that. The action was fast passed but I was struggling to latch on to a direction. Later in the match I got what you were going for. General chaos. I like it. It really fit the stipulation/match-type.

"As the ref restores order, Riley looks down with pleasure on Big Jim, and invites the recently mobile Cerebus to join him in the performance of a double hamstring pull. The move leaves Jim stretched out and sore, but the teamwork is short-lived. The champ manages a single-leg trip, and looks to wrap up the burly boy from the deep deep south. A few kicks with his free leg manages to free Cerebus from the submissive prospect and sends the titlist stumbling to get his bearings, with a thought to review the situation. The Hound seems slightly affronted by the betrayal and, seeing Jim back on his feet, invites him to repay their common enemy."

doesn't really fit Riley's character or Cerberus'. Still, all in all a good effort from you. You blotched the characters a bit but I thought the action was really good. I thought you could have paced yourself a little better and that pace could have added a lot to the match.

The Hopeful: I like that you took the more pacing approach. A slow build with natural highs and lows always makes for a better read. I thought you did well to use the stipulation/match-type to your favor, incorporating a variety of different scenarios. I thought you had a good sense of which people to make sure you focused on. I liked the ending. I think the mist is running it's course a bit but I thought putting it here made sense, and I thought it really legitimized the match.

The Knockout Kings: Riley Williamson and Jared Jerusalem have no-showed.

Verdict: The Hopeful are your new Tag Team Champions!

Last edited by Kani on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #84 Grades   Vendetta #84 Grades Empty

Back to top Go down

Vendetta #84 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1