HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clerks 3 was rejected by Weinstein Company, says Kevin Smith

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Clerks 3 was rejected by Weinstein Company, says Kevin Smith  Empty
PostSubject: Clerks 3 was rejected by Weinstein Company, says Kevin Smith    Clerks 3 was rejected by Weinstein Company, says Kevin Smith  EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 7:44 am

Kevin Smith has revealed that Clerks III has been rejected by The Weinstein Company.

The filmmaker has explained that the studio has objected to the sequel's budget, and that he will need to look elsewhere to meet his requirements.

Miramax has owned the rights to the Clerks series since the original movie in 1994. However, the Weinsteins have told Smith that they will only distribute a third film.

"They passed," Smith told Variety. "I went in with a $6 million budget and they were like, 'Oh no, Kevin. This is too high'.

"Bob offered us distribution, but they weren't going to finance it."

Earlier this year, Smith said of the project: "Clerks 3 is still coming… I love the script so much, I'll make it happen, I promise."

Clerks starred Brian O'Halloran and Jeff Anderson, and launched the characters Jay and Silent Bob, played by Jason Mewes and Smith.

It was followed by a successful sequel in 2006, which also starred Rosario Dawson among others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

Clerks 3 was rejected by Weinstein Company, says Kevin Smith  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerks 3 was rejected by Weinstein Company, says Kevin Smith    Clerks 3 was rejected by Weinstein Company, says Kevin Smith  EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Thats two in a row that Miramax passed on. They didnt wamt Red State either.
Back to top Go down

Clerks 3 was rejected by Weinstein Company, says Kevin Smith

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1