HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. Empty
PostSubject: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:29 am

Yeah, I kinda wanted to showcase my amateur comedy. This was back in January at my school's Talent Show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:38 am

You seemed nervous at first, a bit too hasty , but you actually KO'ed it out the park! "Can I have a volunteer? Yes yes, Laugh at these jokes" ROFL! clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks man. It usually takes me a couple lines to get warmed up. Once I get passed that, I'm fine!
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:52 am

Yeah what Kenyon said.

And have you done this before at a previous talent show? The audience really seemed to be fond of you. Funny
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Murder Smurf wrote:
You seemed nervous at first, a bit too hasty , but you actually KO'ed it out the park! "Can I have a volunteer? Yes yes, Laugh at these jokes" R-O-F-Lc-p
Yeah That And loved that part. Funny

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:42 pm

The Rock wrote:
Yeah what Kenyon said.  

And have you done this before at a previous talent show? The audience really seemed to be fond of you. Funny
Well, I did it last year at the talent show, but it's also at school, and I'm pretty loved at my school, not to ring my own bell...
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:17 pm

You really need to work on your stage presence. I'm not trying to be a dick because what you did do was good considering the venue and the nature of it... I couldn't do it... but you can't be looking down at a piece of paper all the time. Neutral

Some good jokes in there though and really you're able to give a pretty clear deliver once you're sure you haven't missed anything.

My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. FJBloTX
My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Ian wrote:
You really need to work on your stage presence. I'm not trying to be a dick because what you did do was good considering the venue and the nature of it... I couldn't do it... but you can't be looking down at a piece of paper all the time. Neutral

Some good jokes in there though and really you're able to give a pretty clear deliver once you're sure you haven't missed anything.
I appreciate it. It's one of those things I just need to get more comfortable up there, and my hopes are that it will come with time. It's also the fact that I procrastinate practicing because I hate it, but it's what you have to do, and that's a factor that if I practice more, I'll be more comfortable with my material. I wish I had the video from either my Coffee House or when I did a gig during Kingfield Days(my town's celebration) because I practice quite hard for both of those and I think my stage presence was a little better. But, again, I do appreciate your input because unlike a lot that I get, it's about adjusting within my style, apposed to most people who tell me I need to be more like so-and-so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:37 am

I wouldn't be able to do that Funny So kudos for getting up on stage. You do read from the paper a lot but you do have good stage presence. I think you'll just get better. This was good though Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:52 pm

I appreciate the feedback! Again, I was a little ill-prepared for this gig, and at a gig where I haven't procrastinated practicing, I usually just use the paper as a prompt! Nonetheless, thanks for watching!
Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:59 pm

I think you may have been going through it slightly fast, but I understand what it's like. My friend and I were the hosts for this year's talent show and all of our jokes were hilarious leading up to it, but on stage some things didn't come off as well.

You'll only improve with time, so keep it up and best of luck. Smile

And by the way, the "inconvenient store" and "lie-down comedian" jokes were my favorites. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Again, that's the other thing I'm consciously trying to work on! I'm glad you guys have as good of a beat on me as I do. haha I appreciate the feedback Caleb!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.   My first Stand-Up video on Facebook. Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Stand-Up video on Facebook.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1