HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

[S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" Empty
PostSubject: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 am

DUE DATE: SATURDAY 12TH JULY, 2014
MIDNIGHT EST (-5 UTC)
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Don't move this until Sunday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 9:32 pm

( thank you, Ian, for the extension. I find a way to post this from work though, albeit without colored font. Also, I want to state beforehand that I do have the permission of other characters used in this post)

As Vendetta returns from a commercial break, we find an empty locker room in view of the camera, a clop of boots ringing out against the cold, unforgiving concrete as the Barbarian Lord enters sight from the left. His face is scrunched up as though something seems to be troubling him and he continues his path, before turning about and retracing it. The GodKing continues pacing like a caged animal for a moment before finally stopping in the middle of the screen and turning toward the lens.

"I had this... big, extravagant speech planned.. for you tonight. I was going to come on here and talk about how I had come before you all weeks ago and issued my warning. I had told you all to fear me and noone heeded that warning. I was going to talk about the consequences of not listening to what I say, but then something dawned upon me.."

"You have no reason to fear me."

Vladimir seems to mull this idea over in his mouth, his jaw working as though he's grinding it down with his teeth so he might be able to digest it.

"Most of you have no idea who I am. The most you've seen of me are these B-grade, cheap and simple promos where I've come in front of this camera and tell you how fucked you all are and how amazing I am. You have no idea who I am... and, if I'm being honest, I didn't either.."

The GodKing walks off screen momentarily, returning with a steel chair. He calmly unfolds it and sets it down firmly upon the floor, taking a seat upon it before continuing with his thoughts.

"Now, don't get me wrong.. I AM the best that this industry has ever seen and anyone who stands before me should do so with the knowledge that I am going to beat the living shit out of them like noone ever has before... But a lot happened since the last time I was a staple of this business. For starters, a chunk of why I left was because I'd become to sick to carry on. I couldn't get the treatment that I needed and still be effective as a competitor in the ring. Secondly.. I lost one of my closest colleagues... no, fuck that, one of my best friends. That man took me to task and gave me one of the most brutal fights I've ever had, but at the end of the day, Jerry was a great friend. And I know many or most of you are scratching your heads, wondering what the fuck I'm talking about, but here's the key... Here's what all of you are missing, what I was missing that had me feeling like a husk of who I was before.."

Vladimir stands back up from the seat and steps in toward the camera, as though staring down every man, woman and child on the other side of the broadcast.

"This speech and what I do in that ring.. I don't do it for you. I do it for me. I'm not here because I want to make the big bucks or to entertain you or to prove to you that your favorite wrestler isn't fit to lace my boots. No.. I am here to hurt you. I am here to bring war to your peaceful little land. I am here because this... all of this... is what I love."

"I'm not a fucking Prophet or Showstealer or the Center of Attention.. I am a violent, angry motherfucker. I don't want titles or honors, I want.."

The Sinner stops mid-sentence, seemingly haven lost his train of thought. His gaze falls upon the floor, but then slowly picks back up, a smirk upon his countenance.

"You know what? Let me SHOW you what I want.."

With that, Vladimir begins to walk away, slipping out of sight.

Suddenly, the scene is ripped away, coming to focus up-close upon the visage of the Czar of Scars. The rage upon his face is apparent as he begins to berate the camera's operator.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Did you think I was done? Did you think that was some vague, fucking allusion of something to come? We're not done yet.. In fact, the best is yet to come.. Now get your fat ass in gear and keep up."

Strife walks away again, this time the view keeping with him as he makes his way to the door and flings it open. It bangs against the wall, Vladimir already out into the hallway before it connects and the cameraman following close by. He passes by one lockerroom after another, taking notice of the names upon them.

"Kahlan... Been there, done that.. Tyson Smith.. same thing.. Nicholas Carson... is there anyone in this hall I haven't beaten the shit out of before? C5 Ion... The fuck is that even supposed to mean? Is that the electrical room or something? Spyro... I might come back to that one... Aha, here we go."

Vladimir stops right in front of the door as the cameraman jockeys into position behind him, the recently removed 'XWA Heavyweight Champion' placard having left a rectangle of lighter coloration above the remaining 'Maddox Paine'. Vlad raises his balled up hand and pounds it against the wooden door.

"Behold - I stand at the door and knock. If any man hears my voice and opens, I shall feast with him and he with me."

The door creaks open and Eric Goodman pokes his head out, looking at the Czar of Scars and the cameraman in tow.

"My client doesn't do unscheduled interviews, gentlemen.."

A sick smile works it's way across the mouth of Vladimir and he grabs the handle of the door firmly. He jerks it, sandwiching Eric Goodman's head between the door and frame. As he releases, Sly slinks down to the floor and into the fetal position, trying to sooth his throbbing skull and protect it from any further attack. The GodKing crosses the threshold of the lockerroom as the 6'7" Paine rises from his bench, boot half laced and glares at him. He rocks his head side to side, eliciting a series of cracks from his neck and takes a slow steady stride toward the Barbarian Lord until he stands before him, towering over him by over half a foot and staring down into his face to intimidate the XWA newcomer. Strife holds his ground, showing Maddox that the tactic will get him nowhere.

"I've come for the strongest of the strong.. the toughest of the tough.. and the fastest of the fast."

Maddox unleashes a huge right hand, his fist clenched white knuckle tight as it comes in for landing. The Czar of Scars ducks under it, the haymaker barely swiping through his hair as he comes under it and raises his knee into the gut of the younger 'Titan'. The former XWA world champion reels back, putting distance between the two as he grimaces at the lost wind.

"I don't believe you understand, dear Maddox.."

Another punch comes at Vladimir straight on and he pushes it to the right with his left hand, creating the opening to step in behind his adversary. As he does so, he brings down his own big right into Paine's kidney, nearly doubling him over from the blow.

"I trained my entire life for this business, boy. Before you were born, I was showing the children in my shitty neighborhood how it was done, wrestling around on old mattresses we'd collected."

Eric Goodman has pulled himself back up and rushes the aggressor, only for Vlad to sidestep his spear and take him by the back of his cranium, guiding him on face first into a locker. He falls into a heap and the GodKing continues along toward his point as though nothing has happened.

"While you were in high school, staying up late on those special nights to watch wrestling, then tucking yourself into bed dreaming that little Mary would come up to you the next day and beg to be your first, I was already the Undefeated Behemoth, holding my first championship with such a vice-like grip that it's name became synonymous with mine."

Maddox throws another ball of knuckles at the invader, this time hitting his mark with no interference. It takes Vladimir back a step and he raises his hand to his mouth before laughing. The Toughest of the Tough is thrown-off by this, having been certain that shot should have knocked the smaller man out. Before he can wrap his brain around it, he finds himself tackled and knocked through the doorway out into the hall. A series of shots begin to rein down upon his head with seemingly impossible strength for his antagonist's size. They pound down over and over like a hammer, rattling his skull until a noise not unlike a gunshot rings out through the corridor.

The GodKing abandons Maddox, standing up tall to face Goodman and the steel chair in his hands. Eric swings again and Vlad sacrifices his forearm to catch the force, saving his head. He takes the manager by the hair and begins dragging him down away from his client, bringing him down to the next door and tossing him into it. It buckles at the force and Sly spills into the domain of the crazed clown, Spyro.

Strife turns his head back toward the primary target, which is now barreling down upon him like a raging bull coming in for the gore. Maddox swings his arm around in a wide arc, the sheer strength of the incoming clothesline enough to make nearly any man release his bowels in fear of decapitation. The GodKing holds his ground, however, and plants his left foot firmly behind him. He bunches his muscles in succession from his grounding up and across to his dominant arm, before lashing out with the most devastating strike in his arsenal. The infamous 'Lights Out' that sealed away the Czar of Scars first XWA contest fires away at the former heavyweight champion, but not aimed for it's usual destination. Instead of coming for the chin of the big man, the knuckles clack down across his wrist using the momentum of the oncoming joint against him and dispelling it's kinetic energy. Paine pulls it in close to his abdomen and grips tightly at the agony, trying to rub it away. While he does so, the Romanian Scourge raises his foot up before slamming it down, heel-first, upon the patella of Paine and hyperextending the connective tissue. The limb is swept back and Maddox drops down upon his knees. He desperately throws an uppercut at the personification of Wrath, the well aimed fist shooting for the figurative stars and the literal chin. The Behemoth responds as though he's been waiting all day for this, casually slapping the base of his open palm into Maddox's wrist and driving it into the brick wall beside them. As the younger star kneels before him, consoling the impacted area, Vladimir continues to taunt him.

"Everything you aspire to be.. a legend.. a living god.. I already am. You want to be the very best? Like no one ever was? Well, guess the fuck what! I am motherfucking Arceus!"

Eric: "Shut the hell up!"

As Eric vents his frustrations toward the Romanian, he pulls the steel chair high up and back over his head, ready to wrap it around Vladimir's skull until it constitutes a mask. He steps forward to make this a reality, but the chair fails to follow suit, the legs slipping out of his grip. Goodman turns around to investigate, finding the weapon in the grasp of the Harlequin of Havoc, who dons a wide and devious grin. Spyro tosses the chair aside and grabs Maddox's manager by the throat, using it to lead him around before sending him off into the direction of his television. Eric and the tv stand, along with everything else upon it, tumble to the ground with a crunch of wood and the shattering of glass. Maddox watches on in horror, unable to do anything to protect his closest friend at this moment. He turns his head away from the sight, until a hand grips his chin and tilts it back, bringing him eye to eye with the Barbarian Lord.

"Don't take it so hard, kid. It's nothing personal, really. It's just... a lesson. See, you remind me a bit of myself when I first started. And the hardest lesson I ever had to learn... the lesson you're going to learn.. is that if you want to be the absolute best, you have to be willing to sacrifice everything. Sure, you've got to have skill.. and you're not too shabby there for a damn rookie, but things like... your little pal over there.. they're a weakness. They're exploitable. Most of all, they're convenient.. and when they aren't convenient anymore, they'll be gone. Take my little pal Spyro over here.."

Vlad motions towards the joker with the impossibly wide grin and turns Maddox's head to see him.

"Spyro here just knocked the shit out of your little friend. Spyro did it for me.. and well, because Spyro just loves to hurt a son of a bitch. Right, Spyro?"

The crazed clown offers no more, instead over-enthusiastically nodding his head in agreement.

"If I asked Spyro to take care of you, he would... wouldn't you?"

The consensus continues.

"And if someday, Spyro stood across from me in the squared circle with that steel chair in his hands and could simply bash my skull in and make a name and a fortune for himself.. if he really stood to gain from it... he would. Wouldn't you?"

The madman of the masquerade nods his head still with full fervor.

"See, that's all you can ask for in this business -someone who's honest about their intentions. And if you hold someone close without realizing that they'll stick the blade in your back and twist it as soon as it would benefit them, then what you have is a liability. I'll take care of that in due time though, dear boy."

Fed up with the talk, Maddox suddenly lunges up, jabbing his shoulder in under the ribcage of the Behemoth and lifting him off of the ground. He takes off, looking to drive him through whatever obstacle they should meet first, but a well placed kick to his tender undercarriage takes the wind from his sails. Paine drops back down onto his knees, Vladimir landing on his feet before him with a grin.

"Brute strength just isn't enough this time, m'boy. You can be the fastest, the toughest and the strongest all you want, but it doesn't mean dick if you don't possess the mind to apply it all... Spyro! Bring me my scepter!"

As the demented Spyro comes walking up to Vlad, he carries before him a piece of lumber of about 2 feet length. The coated wood tapers down at one end, evidence of once being a handle of sorts, perhaps to a handaxe or similar implement. The Barbarian Lord takes it by the narrow end, holding it up before him as he takes Maddox's chin into his offhand once more and brings his gaze up toward the club as well.

"I know what you're thinking, kid.. If this clown is so eager to take my head off one day to benefit himself, why ever is he following my command? And the answer is simple enough.. and it's the same reason that many of your other colleagues will do so soon enough.. Power. I'm declaring war here... on your mundane little niche. I mean... come on? Where's the bloodshed? Where's the carnage? What are they paying all these damn EMT's and medical staff I see around here for!? These people, these other stars.. they're hungry, Maddox. They are starving for blood and I'm here to begin the feast!"

With that, the Czar of Scars bring the cudgel up and then lashes forth, slamming it down across the cranium of the younger Titan, a sickening thwack sounding off from the impact. Maddox crumbles to the floor in a heap, the precious blood Vladimir had spoke of now flowing from a tear in his scalp, the crimson rivulet spreading out across the white tiles from the hapless mound of humanity. With his bloodlust satiated temporarily and his prey left helpless and unconscious at his feet, the GodKing turns to the camera once more.

"In all wars, every side has it's own story, vantages and motives, but history belongs to the victors. Perhaps my desire for blood and devastation isn't the most noble of motives, but the simple truth is that, in the end, it's the only motive that will ever matter. Nothing will stop us... and Spyro here gets that. He knows that I will be victorious, because nothing and noone can stop me. So, I extend to all of you the privilege that Spyro here has."

Behind Vladimir, Spyro takes out a black marker. He closes his left eye and presses the felt tip just over it, dragging the implement down into the midst of his cheek.

"Bare the mark of the GodKing, do not cross me and you will be spared my wrath. It matters not if you consider yourself an agent of good or bad or if you ever spoken with me. Anyone can do so and I encourage all of you to do so.. After all, it's easy, convenient and benefits us all. For those of you who would rather stand against my will... Well, you can ask Maddox about that. Maybe give him a day or two to nurse off that headache first though, huh?"

The camera focuses in on Maddox, who still hasn't moved after the vicious assault of the Barbarian Lord. As he continues to lie there, motionless, the view begins to fade to black.

Just before it does so, the camera is once again manipulated by Vladimir, as he pulls it up to meet his hate-filled glare.

"NOW I've made my point, you fat fuck!"

The view spans across the ceiling as Strife shoves the media device and it's handler the ground along side the fallen Titan. It rolls over, unintentionally providing a close up of the bloodied and battered visage of the former XWA champion until it abruptly cuts out.

~The End~
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 12:25 am

Oh my God, Vlad. This is fucking awesome! Can't wait for the feud, and the explanation for Spyro allying with Vladimir made perfect sense. Also,

"C5 Ion... The fuck is that even supposed to mean? Is that the electrical room or something?"

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Rob
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rob

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 1:09 am

"You want to be the very best? Like no one ever was? Well, guess the fuck what! I am motherfucking Arceus!"

ROFL!

Seriously, though, this promo was fucking awesome Big Grin! I can't think of much else to say. You nailed it here. I hope there's going to be something down the line with Vladimir and Maddox after this, though. It doesn't matter what wrestler it is; you can't just fuck up someone's day like that (especially after the bit with Eric) and expect there not to be consequences.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdQwCOpqOs&ab_channel=RobOf
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 10:54 am

My only problem with this promo is that Maddox Paine, a former World Heavyweight Champion, was made to look like complete shit. If Razor was okay with it, then it's not a big deal, but still. It just doesn't seem good to make someone who held our company's biggest prize look so bad.

Other than that, though, this was a really good promo. The descriptions were great and the dialogue was even better. I liked how you added a few bits of humor into Vladimir's dialogue, making him seem a bit more unique than others. The character reminds me a lot of Ace Acid, a character that was pretty much a legend in every fed he joined. Well, except XWA, because he was hardly here. Funny But I could see him acting very similarly to Vladimir here. Especially the Pokemon reference.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:21 am

SeñorSnoopz wrote:
My only problem with this promo is that Maddox Paine, a former World Heavyweight Champion, was made to look like complete shit. If Razor was okay with it, then it's not a big deal, but still. It just doesn't seem good to make someone who held our company's biggest prize look so bad.

Other than that, though, this was a really good promo. The descriptions were great and the dialogue was even better. I liked how you added a few bits of humor into Vladimir's dialogue, making him seem  a bit more unique than others. The character reminds me a lot of Ace Acid, a character that was pretty much a legend in every fed he joined. Well, except XWA, because he was hardly here. Funny But I could see him acting very similarly to Vladimir here. Especially the Pokemon reference.

Razor and I discussed it beforehand and all. The idea isn't that Maddox is crappy or anything, as he's clearly not considering he just held the biggest prize in the company, but rather that although he is this forboding and intimidating badass, Vlad is this other badass come upon the scene who possesses a lot more experience and poses a real threat to Maddox because of this. It's not a matter of downplaying the skills or abilities of Maddox, but more of legitimizing the threat Vlad poses to him, which was a tad necessary to sell the feud, since Vlad is new to this scene. There will be a lot more to come between Vlad and Maddox though and much more of the story to unravel and develop, so don't worry, this is far from the last of it.

I'm very happy you enjoyed it though. I kind of struggled through my first few promos and that first match, so it was good to finally feel like I'd gotten my legs back under me and get something in with some quality to it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Slut (✿ ◕‿◕)
Jobber
Slut (✿ ◕‿◕)

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Incidentally, what the fuck is a C5 Ion?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Carson
Jobber
Nicholas Carson

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:15 pm

KaHLaN wrote:

I think it is a vertebrae in the neck?

Great promo as usual Vlad. The King cometh to slaughtereth.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Awesome promo, man! This was amazing! I enjoyed reading this, very nicely done. I am looking forward to this! I'm going to PM you in a bit with some details. Cool
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 4:35 am

Nicholas Carson wrote:
KaHLaN wrote:

I think it is a vertebrae in the neck?

It's a type of carbon ion. Think a C5 ion has a negative charge, though I can't remember. (It's also the main type of carbon used in the manufacturing of carbon fibre).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"   [S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand" Empty

Back to top Go down

[S. 13 | PROMO] Vladimir T Strife | "Stand"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1