HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania Empty
PostSubject: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 1:37 am

There continues to be talk that Brock Lesnar will take the WWE World Heavyweight Title from John Cena this summer and build to a Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for WrestleMania 31. This would be Reigns' big WrestleMania moment and coronation as the new top babyface.

There is no confirmation that Lesnar is booked to defeat Cena at SummerSlam but word is that the pay-per-view is going to be big and September's Night of Champions pay-per-view will be just as big to help with WWE Network renewals. As noted before, Lesnar will be working Night of Champions.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 1:40 am

Like I said to Mink and Drachen in the chat. It's obvious that's the plan... but I think by the time they get to Royal Rumble... Don't be surprised if it's Dean getting the spot instead.

Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania FJBloTX
 Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:22 am

Why do you think Dean will get the spot over Roman?
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:54 am

Because Dean, out of all three members of the Shield, if the one that is the most well rounded. At the moment, Reigns just stares at people and tells them to believe in him, whereas Ambrose could cut a sweet promo all the way back in the indies.

And is Lesnar going to work every PPV from SummerSlam to WrestleMania? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:40 am

Chilly wrote:
Because Dean, out of all three members of the Shield, if the one that is the most well rounded. At the moment, Reigns just stares at people and tells them to believe in him, whereas Ambrose could cut a sweet promo all the way back in the indies.

And is Lesnar going to work every PPV from SummerSlam to WrestleMania? Neutral

Honestly, and I say this as a big fan of Reigns, I'd have both Ambrose and Rollins as being more title ready than him. He's 29 though, so there's years ahead of him yet to improve on the mic and get a bit more to his moveset. Maybe not Wrestlemania 31, but I'd bet by the time Wrestlemania 32 comes around he'll be ready.

And I doubt it. He'll probably just work the bigger ones. They'll just ignore how it doesn't fit into their "champions have to defend every however-many-days-it-is" thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 1:50 pm

My only problem with Reigns is his moveset. I'm not one of those people that thinks you need 100000 moves to be a good wrestler - which he is - but, he needs to expand. Doing the same moves over and over is going to turn off potential fans. He only has a very few set amount of moves. On the mic, he's a little green, but not bad by any means.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Batman wrote:
My only problem with Reigns is his moveset. I'm not one of those people that thinks you need 100000 moves to be a good wrestler - which he is - but, he needs to expand. Doing the same moves over and over is going to turn off potential fans. He only has a very few set amount of moves.

Hey, if Cena can pull off doing the same moves and get booed, why can't Reigns do it and get cheered? I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:24 pm

Because

1. Cena doesn't have the same four moves, that's a big lie and ignorant myth.

2. Even if he did for a period of time, he didn't when he started out. Reigns just started, can't be doing that. I aint bothered

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Every wrestler a set amount of moves they use their entire careers. Cena's just get highlighted more because he tends to do the same four or five in order.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Batman wrote:
Because

1. Cena doesn't have the same four moves, that's a big lie and ignorant myth.

2. Even if he did for a period of time, he didn't when he started out. Reigns just started, can't be doing that. I aint bothered

1. It's 5 moves (call yourself a Cena fan Shaking Head), and just 'cause he added a fucking dropkick to his arsenal doesn't make him special. I still see him do the same fucking shit.....it's even WORSE in tag matches

2. People are still high off of Reigns. The 'Superman Punch' is actually the main thing that's getting him over when it comes to being in the ring right now aside from his spear. It's a lot different now then when Cena started out. Superstars are tied to a certain moveset. The moveset isn't killing Reigns, his mic skills are. Don't fix what ain't broken and fix what is. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Yeah That @ Chilly

HBK had the flying forearm -> kip up -> diving elbow drop -> Sweet chin music

Triple H had the knee facebuster -> running knee lift -> AA Spinebuster -> Pedigre

Taker had the snake eyes -> big boot -> leg drop -> chokeslam -> tombstone (sometimes not in that order)

etc. etc. etc. Everyone had a set of moves. It's part of wrestling.

Nate wrote:
1. It's 5 moves (call yourself a Cena fan Shaking Head), and just 'cause he added a fucking dropkick to his arsenal doesn't make him special. I still see him do the same fucking shit.....it's even WORSE in tag matches

5 moves, 4 moves, 6 moves. I don't care, it's all a load of bullshit. In fact, I'll list moves he's been doing since he first started getting accused of "having 5 moves omg"

Flying shoulder tackle, reverse powerbomb, 5 knuckle shuffle, F-U, STF, diving fameasser, running throwback, sitout hip-toss, running bulldog.

Now let's add in some of the moves he uses consistently in big matches:

Sitout powerbomb, half nelson into a neckbreaker, hurricanrana (albeit sometimes a bit silly), dropkick, monkey flip, etc. etc.

But ohhhh you're so right. You're not stuck in 2007 and your Cena hate isn't completely retarded. Here, in fact, i'll let this video boggle your mind:

WHAAAT? John Cena has 50 moves? Blasphemy! Now me and my cool IWC group have to find a new reason to hate on him. Sad

Nate wrote:
2. People are still high off of Reigns. The 'Superman Punch' is actually the main thing that's getting him over when it comes to being in the ring right now aside from his spear. It's a lot different now then when Cena started out. Superstars are tied to a certain moveset. The moveset isn't killing Reigns, his mic skills are. Don't fix what ain't broken and fix what is.

I'm not saying he has to get rid of anything. I'm saying he should add more to it. There's only so many clotheslines, basement dropkicks, superman punches, and spears you can do before people get tired of seeing ONLY those moves done. Reigns should add a few more, or at least do more in matches. I'm not saying this is a Reigns-hater, seeing as he's my favorite current wrestler since Punk left, and everyone here knows how much I love Reigns. I'm saying this as someone that is a huge fan of his and wants him to succeed. In all of his singles matches, all I see him do is a bunch of headlocks, then kicks into clotheslines, dropkick from the outside, superman punch, spear. Nothing wrong with that, but if they want to get him over more seriously, he needs to do more than just that in his matches. He's still a great wrestler and he executes moves beautifully. He just needs to add more to it.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:56 pm

^^
"killing Reigns"

lol. Fuck all is "killing" Reigns. You're saying that like he's getting boo'd out of the arenas...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Yeah That Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:42 pm

I'd like to see Roman pick up a new finisher before he gets the title. I love a spear, but it's a bit awkward to have him go to the corner, set up the Superman punch, hit it, and then rinse and repeat for the spear.

As Leakee he had a few moves that we rarely see from him now. Since's he's babyface, it wouldn't be out of place for him to incorporate some of them again, or some new stuff. I bet he could pull off some basic suplexes and make them look pretty sick, among other things.

Getting better on the mic will come with time, provided he's given the chance to work on it. That's all practice, but expanding one's moveset takes dedicated time and decision making and won't come about as naturally.
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Eeyen wrote:
Like I said to Mink and Drachen in the chat. It's obvious that's the plan... but I think by the time they get to Royal Rumble... Don't be surprised if it's Dean getting the spot instead.

Ambrose as poster babyface?
A guy born to be heel being the top babyface? Get the fuck outta here.

And these whole "top 50 moves" are a loada shite. They usually include moves that wrestlers have one used once or twice throughout their career. It's like including the flying forearm -> kip up that Big Show did when feuding with DX.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania    Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Plans for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1