HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character Empty
PostSubject: Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character   Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:46 am

Dragon Age: Inquisition's latest party member has been revealed as Dorian, a mage who is developer BioWare's first "fully gay" male party member ever.

Speaking about creating the character, writer David Gaider explained that while he is aware some may see the character controversial, his own sexuality meant creating Dorian was "a very personal experience".

"Dorian is gay—he is, in fact, the first fully gay character I've had the opportunity to write," Gaider explained. "It added an interesting dimension to his back story, considering he comes from a place where "perfection" is the face that every mage puts on and anything that smacks of deviancy is shameful and meant to be hidden. Dorian's refusal to play along with that façade is seen as stubborn and pointless by his family, which has contributed to his status as a pariah.

"I suppose this aspect of Dorian will make him controversial in some corners, but I was glad to include it. It made writing Dorian a very personal experience for me, and I'm hopeful that will make him seem like a fully realized character to fans in the end.

"Dorian is an outcast—by choice, but only insofar as he chose not to live according to the expectations of his society. There are a lot of aspects to that which I enjoyed exploring, and which I haven't had to chance to do with other characters."

Though gay and bisexual characters have appeared in BioWare games before, Dorian is set to take the stage as the first gay male party member. Though Mass Effect 3 feature both Samantha Traynor and Steve Cortez as gay characters, neither was playable, while Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic's Juhani was a lesbian (though a coding bug initially made her bisexual).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/dragon-age-inquisition-to-feature-biowares-first-fully-gay-male
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character   Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Gay Rights activists to complain that being gay is the entirety of his character, and the fact that he's an outcast because he's gay is demeaning. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character   Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:50 pm

RAZOR'S IN A VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!!! YAY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character   Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:37 pm

......if this guy is the first 'fully' gay character, what the hell was Anders in DA: II?
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character   Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:01 am

DRAGON Ace wrote:
......if this guy is the first 'fully' gay character, what the hell was Anders in DA: II?

Bisexual.
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character   Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:14 am

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character   Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:18 pm

Okay so this is based on the fact that they're playable, as I started a post about Steve Cortez, but then re-read the article.

However my opinion remains: who cares? They've already had gay and bisexual characters.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character   Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:29 am

Yeah That I was going to do the same thing Funny

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character   Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet BioWare's First 'Fully Gay' Character

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1