HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How WWE Champion decision making works

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

How WWE Champion decision making works Empty
PostSubject: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:02 pm

How WWE Champion decision making works BrZAF5_IAAAJDqg
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:28 pm

face palm so true
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Putting it on Reigns would have killed his momentum. He's won the belt. Great. Now WTF has he to prove? ala Randy Orton SummerSlam 2004. It taken a long time for them to get him as a main eventer after that.

Cesaro...just, no.

Wyatt was a decent choice, but he needs to win at the back end of a strong rivalry, rather than a random win in a vacant title ladder match.

Cena was always going to win this, as a result. I ain't seen it, but as long as Reigns and Wyatt looked strong, they'll come out better than before.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:52 pm

I agree w/ Chilly on this. Orton & Cena were the only two realistic options here. Seriously, who else were y'all expecting to win? Indifferent

Anyone else would have been kind of random given how things are right now.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:19 pm

I also agree with Chilly. And you all know how much I love Reigns. Neither him, Cesaro, or Wyatt were ready for the world title. Only people who were "ready" for it would be Sheamus, Del Rio, Orton, and Cena. Out of those 4, I am glad Cena won it.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Why not Cesaro? Cesaro could have the run Randy Orton had in 2004 where Paul asks him to hand the title over to Brock and he refuses. He ends up getting his ass whooped, Paul cheats to help Brock, Cesaro gets a huge babyface rub.

How WWE Champion decision making works FJBloTX
How WWE Champion decision making works Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:28 pm

^^
If Del Rio won, if think millions of wrestling fans may have face palmed all simultaneously Funny
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:28 pm

I had a large post written out. Now I lost it. So here's a condensed version as to why Reigns, Cesaro, or Wyatt would have been better choices (and that they all make sense)

Reigns: Seth Rollins won the MITB briefcase. Insta-feud right there. It would also continue his feud with The Authority as they would have an issue with him being champion, just like they did with Daniel Bryan. AND it puts Reigns on top; so now he would have to prove that he's a strong singles-competitor. We know he's put over already, but that was with the S.H.I.E.L.D. He would also be a target from pretty much everyone on the roster because of when he was with S.H.I.E.L.D.

Cesaro: If he were a face, then his obvious opponent choice down the line would be Brock Lesnar. This would conflict Paul Heyman probably. And if Cesaro defended the title against Brock and won, do you know how over Cesaro would be? All because he defeated the man who CONQUERED THE UNDERTAKER'S UNDEFEATED STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA THIRTY. (I'm so upset I lost my post because I said that line six more times in my original post <_<)

Wyatt: I don't think I need to explain this one. He was already put over before Cena. He would have the whole WWE in his hands and not just the World (ZOMG PUNS. HUEHUEHUE.) in his hands. How would a cult-esque leader being the champion go over with The Authority in charge? Oh, hey look, another feud idea. And it wouldn't necessarily mean a face-change either.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 12:01 am

Another reason why I think WWE gave Cena the title is that they clearly plan on doing John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam in August (because they kinda gave it away in the promotional poster). It would be a monumental creative mistake if Lesnar did not go over and win the tile. So yes, it’s safe to assume that Lesnar is champion coming out of the show this summer. It would be a waste if any of these new guys won the title to only lose it to Lesnar a month later.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 12:10 am

Myke wrote:
Reigns: Seth Rollins won the MITB briefcase. Insta-feud right there. It would also continue his feud with The Authority as they would have an issue with him being champion, just like they did with Daniel Bryan. AND it puts Reigns on top; so now he would have to prove that he's a strong singles-competitor. We know he's put over already, but that was with the S.H.I.E.L.D. He would also be a target from pretty much everyone on the roster because of when he was with S.H.I.E.L.D.

Insta-feud? When Rollins is technically in a feud with Dean Ambrose? Then we'd have the SHIELD battling each other for the two straps. Then if you add The Authority into the mix and you have one big clusterfuck.

Myke wrote:
Cesaro: If he were a face, then his obvious opponent choice down the line would be Brock Lesnar. This would conflict Paul Heyman probably. And if Cesaro defended the title against Brock and won, do you know how over Cesaro would be? All because he defeated the man who CONQUERED THE UNDERTAKER'S UNDEFEATED STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA THIRTY. (I'm so upset I lost my post because I said that line six more times in my original post <_<)

Cesaro is not ready for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship let alone a feud with Brock Lesnar. They're not going to possibly break him away from Heyman yet. He's got a good thing going with him and the last thing he needs is conflicts with Heyman's greatest client.

Myke wrote:
Wyatt: I don't think I need to explain this one. He was already put over before Cena. He would have the whole WWE in his hands and not just the World (ZOMG PUNS. HUEHUEHUE.) in his hands. How would a cult-esque leader being the champion go over with The Authority in charge? Oh, hey look, another feud idea. And it wouldn't necessarily mean a face-change either.

Wyatt was originally my pick, honestly, because then D-Bryan could rehash his feud with the Wyatt's down the line and it'd be over the title, but now that I think about it, D-Bryan's probably going to be busy feuding with either Orton or Bo Dallas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How WWE Champion decision making works   How WWE Champion decision making works Empty

Back to top Go down

How WWE Champion decision making works

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1