HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) Empty
PostSubject: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:02 am

Don't worry. I'm not going to try post a match a day like last time I tried this. I figure I'll post one or two older matches a week, depending if we had a major pay per view or not.

Rate this match anywhere from 0 to 5 stars. Half and quarter star ratings are acceptable. If the match doesn't at least get five ratings in a week it'll fail to make The Big List.

WWF World Heavyweight Championship match. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant from WWF WrestleMania III.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:06 am

I won't deny that this was a major selling to WWE's biggest pay per views ever. But going back and watching it isn't very entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:36 am

Here's the match, save people having to go and search for it themselves. I haven't got time to watch it right now, but I'll try to give a rating at some point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:46 am

It's one of the biggest key matches in WWE's history and one of the most important matches. Wrestlemania put WWE on the map, Wrestlemania and this match stapled WWE to the map. Still to this day the match is talked about, people who lived in the era talk about where they were when this match happen, either watching at home or they were actually there. How they marked the fuck out when Hogan body slammed Andre and how it turned Hogan from a icon to an Immortal. People like fucking Dave Meltzer who love to trash this match because it wasn't the prettiest match, who belittle the importance and the meaning behind the match. Don't people fucking realize That Andre was pretty much fucking dying at this point. Sometimes the most important thing about wrestling is not the wrestling itself. It's the story behind it, it's the journey behind it. And For what Andre was able to do and Hogan to work with they made this into the Match of Matches.

Last edited by Hipster Bull on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:56 am

Nobody should be afraid to rate a match. In ring it wasn't that great. If you want to base the rating on the story of a match then that's great. The only time you shouldn't rate a match is if you haven't seen it.

You'll regret not rating though if four more people rate it and it ends up getting a low score Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:12 am

I rated it
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Honestly thought this would have gotten more ratings right away. I always thought of this match as a must see for wrestling fans, even if the work rate is poor.

Got one day to get 3 more ratings to get onto our match ratings list.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Well even Hogan and Andre weren't big enough to draw more ratings Sad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 6:36 am

Most people haven't seen the early Wrestlemanias. They only see the "moments" and then presume the entire show was amazing.

But those ones were an entirely different time. Wrestling wasn't on TV as much and the characters mattered FAR more than the in ring content. Anyone who thinks Andre The Giant was going to put on a wrestling clinic needs their head examining...
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 9:36 am

Yeah a lot of the early Wrestlemanias were shit. But I figured most people would have gone out of their way to see Hogan vs. Andre to see what the hype was all about.

And Andre was better in the ring before this match. He was hurting I think by the time this match happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)   RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III) Empty

Back to top Go down

RATE IT! Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WrestleMania III)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1