HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status Empty
PostSubject: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

UPDATE: We reported last week (see below) that there were some contract issues between Rey Mysterio and WWE. According to sources, all standard WWE contracts have a clause where the company can extend the contract based on wrestlers not performing for long periods of time due to injuries or walking out. Vince McMahon renewing Rey Mysterio’s contract is something that was specifically mentioned in his deal and all other standard deals with the company. A lot of people questioned whether Vince automatically extending his contract without him agreeing to it was even “legal.” It is for the reasons we just reported.

For what it’s worth, they could do the same thing with CM Punk’s contract when it expires later this month. It remains to be seen what they do with him and his contract. The advantage of re-signing him to a deal is that they could keep him from working for any other promotions and would basically still control what he can and can’t do. The disadvantage to extending his contract is that they’d have to pay him his downside guarantee. As of now, that downside wouldn’t be all that much as he’s simply refusing to work.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:44 am

Sorry, but what other promotion is he going to work in? Neutral

Unless they count UFC in that...
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:52 am

Punk is just done. He's not going to do indies or show up in GFW. Funny If he ever comes back it'll be in WWE and I guarantee he won't come back on the terms of this contract.

Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status FJBloTX
Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:08 am

If he ever showed up in another company other than WWE again, i think it would be a ROH return or a jump to NJPW. Can you imagine Punk/Tanahashi at a show like Wrestle Kingdom?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:41 pm

No, because I can't imagine Punk going to Japan for a one off when he could do it for twice as much money in front of twice as many people in WWE.

Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status FJBloTX
Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Implying NJPW couldnt pay Punk what WWE does lol. Plus it wouldnt be a one off, he'd prolly get a 4-5 month title reign along the lines of what Styles is probably gonna have.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Punk is too big for RoH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 9:36 pm

lashley got fined for fighting in a promotion in Japan cuz his contract had a no compete clause(after he didnt resign), i would assume that Punk being under contract would definitely keep him out of UFC.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 9:55 pm

WWE doesn't want to accept that Punk abruptly retired. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm

^ I don't think the fans do either. Funny You know they're are gonna go batshit crazy if he makes a return whenever. They want the dude badly.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:31 pm

He got tired of Hollywood movie stars taking his spotlight. I don't blame him. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:58 am

I've got to stop reading Deads post in wrestling sections Fail!

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:07 am

Yeah That don't do that. Ever.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status   Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Update on Rey Mysterio's Contract Status

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1