HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Linkin Park Streaming New Album 'The Hunting Party' in Full

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Linkin Park Streaming New Album 'The Hunting Party' in Full Empty
PostSubject: Linkin Park Streaming New Album 'The Hunting Party' in Full   Linkin Park Streaming New Album 'The Hunting Party' in Full EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:08 am

Linkin Park have decided to stream their upcoming album "The Hunting Party" in full prior to the official June 17 release (June 13 in select countries), giving fans a chance to get the full taste of the guitar-driven effort.

Featuring 12 songs, the 45-minute album was previously announced with a total of five singles - "Guilty All the Same (featuring legendary rapper Rakim)," "Until It's Gone," "Wastelands," "Rebellion (featuring System of a Down's Daron Malakian)" and "Final Masquerade."

Head over to iTunes to check it out.

Discussing the band's return to the full-on guitar-driven vibe, singer Mike Shinoda has stated that rock music has become "happy pop s--t" in the past few years.

"An album like this really came about from this kind of realization of that's where rock music has gone, it's gone to this poppy place and we can't, we didn't feel like we could go there," Mike told Tone Deaf. "It just felt like it would feel derivative, it would feel like we were trying to play catch up, and when I think of our band I think of it as striving for innovation, striving for pushing the envelope and trying to do something different each time."

Focusing on the overall scene, the singer added, "If you look at the big picture, it's gonna take more than us releasing an album to do it. I'm looking forward to hearing aggressive, visceral music from other artists. You know I'm hearing it now, I just heard a brand new song by Garbage, featuring Brody Dalle from the Distillers and Frank Turner is doing this hardcore band now and it's amazing, I loved it.

"I personally feel like there's so little of that going on, and there's so much of the fancy, happy, pop s--t going on, I'd love to hear some more aggressive music," he concluded.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Linkin Park Streaming New Album 'The Hunting Party' in Full

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1