HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell" Empty
PostSubject: PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell"   PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 3:11 am

DUE: Sunday, June 15th at midnight EST (UTC -4 Hours)
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell"   PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell" EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 1:55 pm

The arena in Little Rock, Arkansas is buzzing with excitement from an awesome night of action, but right now there is an ominous feeling in the air. A 20 foot high steel cell hangs over the ring like a spectre, casting a cold shadow over the ring and part of the audience. All of a sudden, a piece of ominous music plays as the cell slowly lowers from the rafters. The lights around the cell dance and cast out mesh shadows across the faces of the XWA faithful. We see some close up shots of the differing reactions from the fans. Some are excited, some are scared. Every single one of them know that this match is truly one that will live in infamy for as long as XWA is talked about. They all know that, in years to come, the names Michaels and Hope will be synonymous with this match, with this event, with this rivalry. As the giant metal demon lowers, the true gravity of this match begins to take hold.

Cedar:
"Ladies and gentlemen, in just a few nights at The Big Ass American Bash, two men will enter this giant steel structure that you see descending from the heavens. It’s name: the Hell in a Cell. A career shortener and ender in it’s own right. On the night in question, two men will enter the confines of this prison, with only one man walking out the victor, and finally ending this bloody and intense feud between two men who have captivated the XWA Universe. Robert Hope, the man who calls himself a Prophet. David Michaels, the man who calls himself the Showstealer. This rivalry has gotten so personal, so fierce, that only one match can end it. That match...is Hell in a Cell."

Miles:
"That’s right. You know, normally I’ll call you fat at this point. And you are fat, let’s establish that right now...but the feeling in this arena is something special. The second that music began, the mood changed. Bear in mind, we’re not even at the event yet, and just the presence of this cell is so intrusive, so menacing, that it makes everyone in the arena just a little bit on edge."

Cedar:
"We have seen these two men bloody each other, do unspeakable acts to each other, and at the Big Ass American Bash...I actually dread to think what they’re going to do. I don’t think I’ve ever been this nervous about a match, and that’s the truth, ladies and gentlemen. Let’s recap just a little bit. A couple of months ago, David Michaels was attacked by Robert Hope and Cerberus, then hung from the rafters of the arena by his legs. In the following weeks, Hope would torture Michaels’ fans and his wife Sugar, claiming that he had killed The Showstealer. He’d be so bold as to even challenge Michaels, as if to prove he was really gone to the fans. He even went as far as wheeling a coffin out to the ringside area, with the help of Sugar, and gloated at the demise of Michaels. That would backfire for him, and lead to the return of David Michaels who sprang from the coffin and attacked his tormentor. The two men would meet in the first ever Underground match last month at United Xtreme in London, where Hope spewed green mist in Michaels’ face and defeated him. The following night, David Michaels would challenge Hope to a rematch, but find himself turned down by the new, self-appointed King of XWA and the man behind Kanimaniac’s mask, King Robert Hope the Dragon Tamer. It wasn’t until Michaels trashed Hope’s throne and beat him mercilessly with a bat that Hope accepted the match, and Michaels made the match a Hell in a Cell with his supposed former friend. We would then find out the story behind Hope being Kanimaniac, including a demented weaving of a story of deception, as Hope detailed his moments as Kanimaniac when he hijacked a sitdown interview between myself and Michaels. A brawl ensued last week, and that brings us to tonight. The last Vendetta before their match in the Cell. "

The cell slows to a stop, not far above the ring. The fans in the audience don’t so much as cheer for it; more like stand in awe of such a cold and uncaring environment. This moment is one that no one can quite put into words, nor would they want to. It simply has to be felt. After moments of camera flashes lighting up the whole arena, the music playing while the cage lowers slowly dies out, only to be replaced by some completely different music.

Just as Ted is about to talk further about the match, the fans erupt at the sound of D-Volution’s’ entrance music. Now Michaels was scheduled to come out here and talk, but Cedar wasn’t expecting it to be the whole of D-Volution, as the group of Nova, Carnage, JHalc and David Michaels all wander out onto the stage looking as cool as ever. Michaels is still half dressed in his ring gear, but is now wearing a D-Volution shirt and his hair in a ponytail. The biggest force in the XWA makes their way down the ramp, where Michaels stops and takes a long hard look at the giant Hell in a Cell structure that is hanging above the ring like a giant piece of fate waiting to come crashing down.

Cedar:
"Well I guess we’re going to be joined by D-Volution here...we were expecting Michaels to come out and makes some comments about his match, but didn’t think we’d see the rest of his gang."

Miles:
"Well the morons have been awfully quiet tonight, so I guess we should have expected them to come out right at the end of the show and hog the spotlight...greedy bastards."

As JHalc, Nova and Carnage all make their way into the ring, Michaels is left on the outside staring up at the steel structure just wondering what is going to happen inside that thing come the Big Ass American Bash. Michaels then wanders round the ring and is handed a mic from Laura Watts, before climbing up onto the apron and through the ropes. As the entrance music settles down, Michaels gives the mic he’s holding a little tap before making his way into the centre of the ring.

Michaels:
"You know what? I’m getting tired of the mind games, all the talk and this stupid hype these two clowns were just giving."

Miles:
"He’s talking to you, Cedar...take notes."

Cedar:
"He said the TWO of us, Joey."

Miles:
"He meant you and Watts...dumb bitch."

Michaels:
"Each and every week something is happening. Either I’m talking about how I’m going to end Hope’s career, Hope is talking about how he’s just going to outright end me or we’re trying to beat the crap out of the other. And just last week, Hope thought he could out smart me and try to finish this whole thing off early...and he nearly got the job done...NEARLY. All he did was light a fire under my ass and now I’m ready to kick someone’s teeth in. I’m bored of waiting and I’m especially bored of waiting for the Bash to come along. So Robert Hope...get your ass on down here so I can teach you a thing a two about what hell is really all about!"

The cheers for Michaels rather unexpected challenge, as “LETS GO MICHAELS!” chant breaks out from the fans in Little Rock, Arkansas. No entrance music is heard after several seconds and Michaels looks at JHalc, still in his crutches, almost confirming with him that Hope was never going to coming out here and answer the challenge. However, the familiar and infamous voice of Robert Hope is heard through the arena’s PA system, which is met with a dramatic amount of boos.

Hope:
"If you think I’m dumb enough to come out there with all your friends with you, you’ve got another thing coming, Michaels…"

The crowd suddenly turns to the titantron, and begins to furiously boo the picture of Robert Hope, standing on the screen with The Hopeful in tow. He stands in a darkened room, with just one light illuminating all three members of The Hopeful from above. It sways gently, catching all of their features individually. Hope stands at the forefront, his hands clasped in front of him, and swaying ever so slightly. Like Michaels, he is still in his wrestling gear from a brutal match with T.K earlier in the night.

Hope:
"Listen, I know you want to fight. I’d take great pleasure in beating you senseless one more time as well. But frankly, it’s not happening. Not with your buddies there. I know exactly what’ll happen. You guys will try to stack the deck on me, and make your jokes, and everyone will go home happy. Nah, that’s not happening. Did you notice? I didn’t say The Hopeful. I said me. Because I face my problems head on. If you’re serious about this challenge, you’ll call off your friends. As soon as they are gone from the ring, I’ll see you. I’ll come down there, we can stand in that ring, and we can give everyone a taste of what they’re going to see in the match. But just bear this in mind: I will not be held responsible for what will happen to you in that ring."

Michaels:
"I hear a lot of talking, but I don’t see a lot of walking. You want D-Volution gone, then fine, they’re out of here. But it goes two ways. I don’t have D-Volution with me, you don’t have your two gimps with you. Now get your ass out here, and let’s do this, bitch!"

Michaels forcefully throws the mic on the mat and stands ready for Hope. JHalc and Carnage gather around him, and have a private conference with him. It seems as though JHalc is trying to talk some sense into Michaels, bringing up the fact that Hope is very unlikely to come to the ring alone. Michaels takes a moment to put his hand on Jay’s shoulder and say something inaudible to him. Jay looks over to Carnage, still seeming a little uneasy about it, a feeling that is mirrored by the 7 footer. Michaels reiterates his point, and puts one hand on the back of both of his running buddies, urging them to leave. Even Nova attempts to talk Michaels out of this, but he is having none of it. She looks at the other two, shrugging her shoulders, before stepping out of the ring.

Hope:
“Come on, Michaels. The show is nearly over. Are we going to do this or not?”

Once again, Michaels presses his friends forward, then returns to the centre of the ring, where he unfastens his pony tail and prepares himself for war.

Hope:
“There we go… I’ll see you in a minute, friend…”

The feed cuts to static on the screen, then it turns black. The fans begin to cheer in anticipation, knowing that they are about to see a fight to warm them up for the Pay Per View. Michaels takes a moment to tighten up his taped hands, perhaps more of an impulsive thing than something for practicality. He starts to ball up his hands again and again, waiting for Hope to step through the curtain and face him in the ring. After a few moments, Hope emerges from behind the curtain, no music, no Hopeful. Just him in his worn leather jacket, with his fists taped up, and his wrestling gear. The crowd boo the arrival of The Prophet, but the reaction of the crowd is irrelevant to him right now. All he hears is his heart beating in his ears. He takes a moment to stare down Michaels, who is now standing with his hands on the top rope, raring to go, desperate to take a chunk out of Hope’s face. Hope stands for a moment, then slowly slides his jacket off his back and lets it drop to the floor. Then, after a long, deep breath, he begins to walk towards the ring with purpose.

Cedar:
"Here he comes..."

Miles:
"Can you feel this tension, Cedar?"

Hope picks up the pace halfway down the ramp, then breaks out into a little sprint as he gets to the bottom of the ramp. Michaels steps back into the centre of the ring and puts up his hands. Hope slides under the ropes. Gets to his feet… Then stops. Neither man moves. They stand there, locked in a gaze, frozen in time. The crowd begins to become more and more rabid, wanting to see these men tear into each other. Michaels’ eyes burn with rage, while Hope’s glare with an innate insanity that bubbles just under the surface. After what seems like a lifetime, both men suddenly charge into the centre of the ring, throwing punches as the crowd erupts.

Cedar:
"Here we go! Hope and Michaels, fighting it out just days before the Pay Per View showdown! Neither man could wait, and they won’t have to!"

Miles:
“FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!"

Michaels manages to get the upper hand early, closing down a lot of Hope’s attacks and peppering him with hard right hands, as Hope tries to tackle him to the floor. Hope clinches Michaels, and the two get into a jostling match briefly, before falling to the mat. Hope takes the opportunity to connect with a succession of hard right hands to the face as both men are rolling, but Michaels manages to reply with some of his own as he manages to gain a mount position. Michaels isn’t so much punching as he is beating down on Hope, as if he was trying to put a fire out on his face. Robert Hope puts one arm up to block some strikes, as he swings up at the face of Michaels himself, catching him with a few hard shots. Hope manages to pull Michaels to the floor and throw down some hard blows of his own, not quite getting to the mount position. Instead, he throws his arms as if he was throwing a tantrum, losing all semblance of fighting technique. The Showstealer manages to kick Hope away briefly, and get to his feet, where he is locked in another jostling match, taking both men back to the floor once more. Both men throw scratty, frenzied blows at each other, neither men caring much about blocking the blows of their opponent. Suddenly, just as Michaels appears to be getting the upper hand, the crowd begins to boo. From the ramp, the other two members of The Hopeful, Azrael and Cerberus, come bounding down towards the ring.

Cedar:
"That no good son of a bitch! I KNEW he’d pull this. It’s just like Hope to go back on his word like that!"

Miles:
"Oh yeah! Here comes the cavalry!"

Cerberus runs right into the ring, as Azrael pulls up just outside of the cell and rummages around in his pocket for something. He eventually pulls out a remote, just as Cerberus boots Michaels off Hope. Azrael points the remote towards the cell, and we see it slowly lower all the way, locking Hope, Michaels and Cerberus inside the cage! The crowd begin to chant for D-Volution, but it may be a little too late, as Cerberus is now cornering Michaels and tagging him with left and right hands in the corner, as Hope rolls out of the ring and dives under the apron for something. Cerberus’ shots really take their toll on Michaels, who is already worn out from facing another masked lunatic earlier in the show. While Hope continues to search under virtually all of the aprons, screaming out “WHERE THE HELL DID I PUT IT?!” in the process, Cerberus decides that punching Michaels isn’t enough - a flat out choke is in under and wraps his right gloved hand around his throat, shortly following it with the left and places all of his pressure on Michaels’ windpipe. A sarcastic cheer can then be heard from the crowd, as Hope finally finds what he is looking for and, rather like last week, it’s that same black bag that was full of toys. He then slides it into the ring and starts hollering out orders to his personal monster, before climbing back into the ring himself.

Cedar:
"...oh no, not this again! Hope had this bag last week and managed to tie Michaels to the damn chair!"

Miles:
"Well maybe this time he’ll tie him to a rocket...and shoot his ass off to space, do us all a favour."

As Hope begins to rummage around in his magical bag of horror, the fans burst into cheers as JHalc and Carnage come running down the entrance ramp...well, Jay runs as fast as his crutches allow him to, and both make a beeline for Azrael on the outside. Carnage tattoos Azrael from behind, completely catching the masked man unaware! Azrael bounces into the locked door of the cage and, in the process, the remote he was holding drops to the floor and smashes into several pieces rendering it utterly useless. Carnage picks up the pieces of the remote and attempts to put them back together, before resorting in using the broken remote as a weapon and cracking it across Azrael’s skull! JHalc finally makes his way to the bottom of the ramp and starts whirling one of his crutches around like an old man with a walking stick, telling Hope that, in no uncertain terms, that he sucks ass. Azrael then, desperate to make a break for it, Low Blows Carnage as hard as he can and shoves JHalc out of the way before dashing off up the ramp. Carnage groans in pain and anger, as he gets back up to his feet, holding his lower region and charges after Azrael. JHalc hobbles back up and looks on in the ring, where Hope has since pulled out a pair of rigid handcuffs, special ones that have a solid plastic bit in between where the chain usually is. Clearly Hope isn’t going to be playing around tonight and has a malicious plan in store for his counterpart. JHalc is now distinctly worried for his tag partner, who really isn’t showing any signs of fighting back here, as Cerberus is STILL choking him in the corner. Hope then demands Cerberus to let go and bring the pathetic Michaels to him, which he eventually does.

Cedar:
"This is just sick. It’s simply wrong! Why did Michaels think he could trust this man? He openly states every week that he’s a no good lying song of a bit--"

Miles:
"--OK, easy there tubs. That’s your King you’re talking about..."

Cedar:
"King my fat ass! He’s a son of a bitch, dammit’!"

Miles:
"Well at least you admitted you’re fat..."

Hope declares that this is the end for Michaels and tells Cerberus what to do next. The masked Hound of Hell then nods his head and grabs David Michaels by the throat, powering him high into the air and dropping him clean into the mat with a thunderous Chokeslam! JHalc looks on, worried for his partner, as he decides to attempts to open the cell door fiddling around with the look. Hope twirls the unusual handcuffs around his his right hand as he is clearly delighted with what has happened so far. He then drops to his knee and gets right in Michaels face, laughing maniacally that Michaels as stupid enough to even fall for this! Hope then gets back up to his feet, a grin still smothered all across his face and tells Cerberus to pick him up again. The masked monster does so, reaching down and grabbing him by the throat again. Hope then hands Cerberus the cuffs in his free hand, before Michaels is forcefully dragged over to the ropes. As Cerberus fumbles around with the cuffs in his hand, Michaels gets the split second chance he needed - he reaches out and grabs the cuffs, locking them on Cerberus outstretched hand and then sliding under the rope and locking the other end onto the very bottom rope! Hope, meanwhile, was too busy looking in the opposite direction celebrating his future victory...albeit a bit too soon, as the fans begin cheering for Michaels apparent escape. Hope then realises that he doesn’t usually have people cheer for his actions and stops waving his arms around. Behind him is David Michaels, free from Cerberus’ clutches who is panicking on the mat trying to break the cuffs off. Michaels takes a look at Cerberus, who is now trying to reach out and grab him, only for The Showstealer to give him a sarcastic wave and a giant series of crotch chops for good measure! As the crowd erupt in applause...and a very small DxWo chant breaks out...Michaels then turns around with his eye transfixed on The Prophet. Hope slowly turns round and sees Michaels stood right there, before a giant right hand is cracked into his jaw!

Cedar:
"FINALLY it’s a level playing field now! Cerberus is locked to that ring rope!"

Miles:
"The heck, Cerberus?! YOU GIANT FREAKIN’ PIECE OF STUPIDITY! YOU HAD ONE JOB...ONE...FUCKING...JOB!!!"

Hope falls to the floor, holding his jaw from the massive right hand, checking his mouth for blood or teeth. He staggers up to his feet, and turns around just in time to receive another stiff shot to the jaw, which knocks him against the ropes again. Hope tries his best to keep himself on his feet in the wake of an enraged Michaels, but stumbles while in the ropes and drops to a knee. Seeing his opportunity, Michaels turns to Hope’s bag of tricks for a weapon to use against him. He unzips the large, heavy duffle bag and roots around inside for a few moments. After a while, he stops. For a moment, he just stares into the bag, running his hand over something. He then slowly pulls his hand out to reveal the same barbed wire bat that Hope used to bloody him all those weeks ago, and hang him from the rafters. It still has Michaels’ blood on the wooden part of the bat and the handle. He looks at the bat, shaking in rage, then over to Hope. Without a second thought, Michaels swings the bat right to the side of Hope’s face, cutting his flesh instantly with it. The Prophet lets out a hideous howling scream of agony, and drops to the mat while holding his face with both hands. You can already see the cuts seeping blood from his cheek and ear from the strike. Hope is on his knees, and looks down onto his now bloody hands, shaking with the adrenaline of blood loss. He looks up at Michaels again, this time getting it straight in the forehead from the bat, again cutting him up. He rolls around in shock, trying to scream, but not quite managing it. Michaels coldly looks at him struggling, and suddenly his face turns a little bit somber. He thinks about what man that was. The man who, as far as he knows, was one of his best friends. One of his tag partners. Suddenly, the allegations that Hope was Kanimaniac all along crash down on him, as he sees his adversary in a defenceless position. Michaels shakes his head to chase the thoughts away, throwing the bat down and walking over to his fallen opponent for the Hell in a Cell this Sunday. Hope suddenly reaches up and grabs his wrist, causing Michaels to stall. The bloodied face of the man who claims he was Kanimaniac looks up to The Showstealer, with blood running down his tortured face. He almost looks like a lost child. Michaels briefly drops his guard, lost in his thoughts, and the stinging bite of reality returns to him, as Hope reaches up and delivers a devastating low blow, levelling him like a lumberjack levels a tree. Hope lets a sick grin cover his bloodied face, almost giddy and demented from his twisted deception and the blood loss.

Cedar:
"What a sick, underhanded move from Hope!"

Miles:
"Sick and underhanded? Michaels tried to carve his face off! He did it in self-defense!"

The Prophet gets to his feet slowly, looking over to Cerberus, who is still fixed to the bottom rope. Knowing fine well that the key to that pair of handcuffs is in the bag, he staggers over to it. He tries to wipe the blood out of his eyes, but it just keeps coming and coming. Eventually, he gets to the bag, his eyes stinging from the blood, and the blood dripping all over his prized bag of toys. He rummages for the key, but that’s not the only thing he finds. He pulls out a beaten and splintered leg of his throne, which was pushed from the Vendetta stage the other week by Michaels. After that event, he took the leg and fashioned it into a club with a spiky end, and now, he’s stalking Michaels with it. Michaels pulls himself around to face Hope, and without remorse, Hope buries the spiked end of the leg-club into the forehead of Michaels, dropping him to the mat. He then stands over The Showstealer, blood dripping from him onto Michaels’ chest and face, and drives the spikes into the flesh of his downed adversary in a sickening way. David kicks his legs and lets out a blood-curdling scream, the pain becoming excruciating. Eventually, Hope releases the club and falls on to his side, looking at Michaels as blood begins to flow from his head. Michaels rolls on the mat, holding his head as the hot, tingling pain of blood loss envelops his entire face. Hope flashes another sick grin across his face, then slowly pulls himself towards the ropes, where he tries his very best to pull himself up. Michaels watches him intently, dipping in and out of consciousness from the beating that both men have dished out. He pushes himself up groggily, the blood from his wound seeping out of his forehead and on to his chest. Hope just say manages to get to the second rope, when suddenly, he is set upon by Michaels yet again. This time, Michaels throws his body onto Hope’s and begins to choke him on that middle rope, clinging on to the rope with every last bit of energy he has. Michaels, drunk from blood loss, pushes himself harder and harder against Hope, as the camera catches a ghastly image of both men bleeding profusely.

Michaels:
"I...hate you...you son of a bitch!"

Hope:
“Agh...ghhh...fff...fuck you. Ass...hole.”

Cedar:
"This is...wait. No. No, we can’t… Ladies and gentlemen...we’re out of time! We have to go! Tune in to the Big Ass American Bash this Sunday!"

Miles:
"Go?! Where in the name of Bob motherfucking Dole do we have to go?! No, keep us on the air! Keep us on the damn air!"

The XWA logo and copyright information pops up in the bottom corner of the screen.

Miles:
"GET THAT SHIT OFF THE SCREEN! We’re not going anywh-"

The show ends on a larger XWA logo, as the show ends.[/i][/i]
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell"   PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell" EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Fucking cliffhangers  Shaking Head 

Great promo though, and that whole leg-of-throne-turned-into-club thing was clever!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell"   PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell" Empty

Back to top Go down

PROMO | Hope and Michaels - "Not a Hope in Hell"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1