HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? Empty
PostSubject: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:19 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3248147/did-sharknado-and-shark-week-just-cause-uni-to-reboot-jaws/

A rumor that’s been swirling since the dawn of Bloody-Disgusting is that Universal Pictures is remaking Steven Spielberg’s classic Jaws, the first ever summer blockbuster that opened June 20, 1975, and has banked in $260M at the box office (that’s $1 BILLION with inflation).

Flash forward to the summer of 2013 where sharks are hotter than ever. With every person around me talking “Sharknado” (please, stop), and Discovery Channel’s “Shark Week” breaking ratings records, it’s quite possible that the sharp-toothed executives at Universal are eyeing that long-postured Jaws reboot. Or not.

Eagle-eyed reader ‘Nick E.’ pointed us to a casting call on Mandy that may or may not be legit. I believe it’s as simple as registering to create a job posting, and in the past fake casting calls for Jaws have surfaced online, taking a bite out of various site’s credibility. In fact, the last time a casting call was for Jaws was spotted, it was for another film, although I can’t recall what it was as of this writing.

“We are seeking all crew positions for the upcoming Jaws reboot,” says the job listing. “We will need to build sets quite early therefore we will be hiring partially prior to the official pre-production.”

With that, the listing also says that production starts in January of 2015, which could be a clue to the posting’s legitimacy. Until we get confirmation, though, this story should stay submerged in the depths of rumor hell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:28 pm

what the fuck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:04 am

They're rebooting Jaws because of Sharknado and Shark Week? W O W.

I have yet to see Sharknado,
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 am

I seen it. It was as awful as described, a completely impossible premise, combined with impossible scenes and just ridiculously bad acting and a plot that didn't make sense. On top of that, Tara Reid played the mother to a 18 year old, which happened to be the most realistic thing in the show.

Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? FJBloTX
Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:21 am

ROFL! 

I can imagine the scenes being impossible.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:46 am

Well the basic premise is that a really fucking powerful tornado made it's way to LA somehow with sharks in it... The first issue I had... Why not pick a city on the fucking water like San Pedro or Huntington Beach or Santa Barbara?

Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:51 am

Ian wrote:
I seen it. It was as awful as described, a completely impossible premise, combined with impossible scenes and just ridiculously bad acting and a plot that didn't make sense. On top of that, Tara Reid played the mother to a 18 year old, which happened to be the most realistic thing in the show.
Wow...how the hell did that ever get put into production? Indifferent
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:07 am

Contains spoilers:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:47 am

I read it. Sounds like I would laugh at how ridiculous that sounds. I hate when they have no reaction. That's just bad directing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1